October 2012 Moms

Raisins?

This may be a dumb question but I found a no sugar oatmeal cookie recipe.   It sounds good but I'm not sure about the raisins?  I could cut them really small so that they are easier to eat.

Thoughts?

Here's the recipe - I am going to make the editors note recipe and leave out the nuts https://www.wholegraingourmet.com/recipes/43-cookies/58-healthy-oatmeal-cookies.html

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Raisins?

• Are these for LO?! Raisins are a choking hazard.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs.G123:
    Are these for LO?! Raisins are a choking hazard.

This. Also why does your LO need cookies in the first place?

Eta: also, no honey before a year.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say no cookies, no honey and no raisins. Sorry.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I've given Bailey raisins. But they were cooked and thrown in the food processor first. She had bad constipation issues and she won't drink juice. I don't know that I would bake her a cookie though.  

• imageBetty&Co:
    imageMrs.G123:
    Are these for LO?! Raisins are a choking hazard.
    This. Also why does your LO need cookies in the first place? Eta: also, no honey before a year.

Yes, these are for little one, I would put them in the food processor before putting them in the cookies   Just asking about raisins in general.

Not to be snarky but I wasn't asking opinions on feeding DS the cookies, that's up to me and DH, I was asking about the raisins.  

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imageAMT1107:

Yes, these are for little one, I would put them in the food processor before putting them in the cookies   Just asking about raisins in general.

Not to be snarky but I wasn't asking opinions on feeding DS the cookies, that's up to me and DH, I was asking about the raisins.  

HONEY?!  OMG!  I don't care if you're asking my opinion.  Don't do it. 

ETA: Sorry to sound like a biitch in my post, but botulism is serious and frightening.

• Yum, this recipe looks delish!!  Let me know how it turns out... although I would agree with PP - I would make it for myself.  I would not give my LO honey yet.
  • I'm not going to use the honey.  We go to the pedi on Monday, I am going to bring the recipe with me to see what she thinks about the sugar or something to replace the sugar completely. A friend recommended agave syrup but I'm sure that is high in sugar too.

I'll let you know what the pedi says on Monday.  I'm going to try them for me and DH anyway but I wanted to make something with oatmeal for DS - we leave for a 10 hour drive Friday and wanted to have something "fun" to make the trip more fun for me and DH.  DS hates being in the car seat

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"