June 2013 Moms
Options

Sex after Csection

Anyone know if you have to wait till your 6 week appointment to have sex after a csection? I had a scheduled csection so no laboring or dilation involved. I plan on calling my doctors office after they get back from lunch but I was just curious if anyone had experience or had asked their doctor already
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Sex after Csection

• Options
    With my last one we did it at 4 weeks PP. I think, it's fine if you have stopped bleeding.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    My OB said not before my 6 week check up, but I was in labour and dilated to 7cm so maybe that makes a difference.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told to wait 6 to 8 weeks. I had to have a vertical and horizontal incision though so that makes a difference.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was told six weeks. I was fully dilated and had tried to push for about seven hour.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Options
    Yes, I was told to wait until my 6 week checkup, and I had a RCS. I have no problem with that. lol.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    My doc told me 3 weeks when she did my check out evaluation at the hospital.
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Wait until you're cleared. It has nothing to do worth dilation or whether you had the baby out of your vagina; it has to do with the wound in the uterus where the placenta detached healing fully before introducing bacteria.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was told to wait until 6 weeks. OB checks to make sure the cervix is healed before introducing anything into the vagina that can cause infections that's why you must wait 6 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageskio:
    Wait until you're cleared. It has nothing to do worth dilation or whether you had the baby out of your vagina; it has to do with the wound in the uterus where the placenta detached healing fully before introducing bacteria.

This. That being said last time around we certainly fooled around in other ways since I felt fine. I was surprised at how much it hurt to have sex at 6 weeks even though I had a planned csection last time around, so stuff is definitely still healing however the kiddo came out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    OB told me to wait until at least six weeks and then they gave us the all clear at 6 weeks. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    imagesomerandomchick:
    Lurker from Jul13... The reason not to have sex is the big ol wound where the placenta was attached, which is still an issue for a CS. It's not about any damage done by laboring and delivering vaginally. So you'll probably still need to wait.

This. Its 6 weeks because you need to heal completely first. You were cut and sewn several layers. Your uterus and other incinsions need to heal or you could risk damaging it

imageimage
  • Options
    I was told to wait until after my 6 weeks PP appt. at least.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"