Philadelphia Babies

Pregnant & Sunshine / Pregnancy Mask

Is this true?

Even if you load up on SPF and get a little sun, can you still get pregnancy mask? 

Has anyone suffered from this before? Is it just sun related or hormonal? 

I am hitting the shore this week and worry extra about getting any rays, especially since risk of skin cancer and being a new mother don't mix. 

Re: Pregnant & Sunshine / Pregnancy Mask

• Unfortunately, I think the hormones trump the SPF. I am fair skinned, and always very careful when I am in the sun because I burn and freckle. Even with putting on sunscreen every day, I still have the dreaded pregnancy mask. I have a huge spot on my forehead, and smaller spots under my eyes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I'm not sure you can do much to escape it.  Good news is, it disappears as soon as you get that baby out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, Yes.  I have white skin with freckles.  Im a redhead.  I have been putting SPF50 on everyday.  Despite doing that, the mask of pregnancy has indeed reared its ugly head.  I agree, I think the hormones trump the SPF.  I have two little patches under each side of the corners of my mouth - they look like a foo-manchu mustache.  My husband thinks it is hysterical, but lets just say some Almay coverup makeup is my best friend right now!  LOL!  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"