High-Risk Pregnancy

BTDT GD Mums

I have GD, and we had our first growth scan yesterday. By their measurements baby girl is in the top percentile.

I am now on insulin, and they are hoping to average her out by term, but I wondered if any past GD Mums had been given a high percentile prediction, and ended up with an average size baby. 

I believe the measurements can be out by +/- 15% so interested to know how often it's been accurate. 

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: BTDT GD Mums

• I have heard they can be off by as much as 20 percent.

I am kind of having the opposite problem :

Baby was in the 42nd percentile at 30 weeks.

Baby was in the 24th percentile at 34.5 weeks.

They are predicting he will be 7.5 lbs at 40 weeks. I was diagnosed at about 24 weeks as early as they test so I have been religiously following the diet for a couple months.

My OB told me to eat more calories not more carbs.

I am worried that the baby isn't getting enough. : I am a worry wart.

She did say she would let me go to 40 weeks though. Previously she had said between 39 and 40.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • DD was 6lbs 11oz at 37 weeks with diet/exercise controlled GD.

DS was 8lbs 8oz at 38w6d, again with diet/exercise controlled GD. We were told to prepare for a "big one" but the last three babies in DH's family have been 10lbs+.

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't put too much stock in it unless you are consistently seeing similar results. I've had growth scans that have ranged from the 30th percentile to the 89th percentile. Barring some other complication, as evidenced by a BPP or NST, I would not consent to an induction.

Eta: I had GD with my first and he was 7 lbs. 11 oz. at 41w1d. No induction. I expect number 2 will be around the same and will also come when he is ready to be born.
  • I have had GD with all three pregnancies. My first was 7.15, my second was 8.11 and this one is projected to be a peanut, but we believe it is because they tested me even earlier and my GD has been tightly controlled. For me, the predictions were fairly accurate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"