March 2013 Moms

Dermatitis?

This weather has been crazy lately hot, humid, rainy, then horrible dry. Tonight I noticed my baby's cradle cap has returned with a vengeance. Any suggestions on a shampoo? Right now we use aveeno all in one body wash. We have SO much damn Johnson and Johnson's from my shower but I thought that stuff is kind of harsh so I've been avoiding it. Any recs?

Re: Dermatitis?

• I've rubbed coconut oil in my baby's hair, let it sit for a little, and wash it out in the bath. Then I keep combing his hair, and it just keeps coming off. It was kinda nasty. His head smelled kinda funky until his next bath though. I didn't want to wash his hair a 2nd time. I'm paranoid he'll poop in the bath again if he's in too long.

I think olive oil works too.  

• Our pedi recommended selsun blue. She said it has to be selsun though, don't substitute for head and shoulders or anything. You might not be into that though if you're anti Johnson and Johnson. We never had to use it though since his cradle cap didn't get bad enough to necessitate it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mustela makes a shampoo for cradle cap. I like their stuff, dd has sensitive skin and no probs so far
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"