July 2012 Moms
Options

Go against pedi advice?

Has anyone gone against what their pedi recommended? Cooper will be 1 in 10 days and her nurse just made me feel like the worst mother in the world for starting to wean her from formula this week?? Oh and when I mentioned almond milk she all but straight out laughed at me. She said not to wean or make any decisions until we go in for her one year appointment on the 15th. I am aggravated in how she spoke to me like I hadn't done any research or that I would deter Coopers growth negatively by beginning the weaning process 10 days early.
B!tch.
Now I'm second guessing everything and I wanna just continue weaning and with almond milk primarily along with wcm once a day
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Go against pedi advice?

• Options
    Ew. She sounds rude. What's your reason for not doing WCM? My only reserve about almond milk is that it doesn't have protein
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I posted above. I am not giving up my bedtime bottle yet even though she wants me to .

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would wait until you speak to the Dr. before making your decision. The nurse you spoke with is certainly entitled to her opinion but she is not your pediatrician. I started putting 2oz of soy milk in each of Eleanor's bottles about a week ago... I will do this until my freezer stash is gone, I will not ask her Dr. about it.

I would not stand for being made to feel like a bad mom/stupid mom by any member of an office staff we are paying  A LOT  of money to. I think that is completely unacceptable.

We are also in the midst of switching her to another pediatrician... It's something that has been eating away at me for a long time (not regarding the care that she receives from the actual Dr.) and I just decided to pull the trigger. I already feel so much better about it.  

• Options
    Anything that is not strictly medical is not your pediatricians business. They can offer advice, sure, but YOU are the parent, right? Unless your LO has some medical concern that I have forgotten about, do what you wanna do, Mom! It sounds like you have done your research and made up your mind, so tell the nurse to shove it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank y'all so much for your replies. You've made me feel s much better. The more time that has gone by since the ozone call the worse I feel and the more I have doubted myself but y'all ave made me feel so much better. How dare her for making me feel so defeated. I will make my own decision based on my daughter. Ughhh!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    go with your pedi and your gut. Dont listen to the nurses (no offence to the nurses here). the ones at my office suck. each one has their own opinion and will tell me this. Ive learned to just go with what i want

• Options
    I was a nanny for two kids who only had almond milk and they were fine, very healthy children. The nurse is a b*tch and I would only listen to the pedi / do what you feel is best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Andplusalso she's probably not really a nurse. She's probably a MA, CNA And at most a LPN. These office "nurses" tick me off because they play like they're RNs but have minimal education
  • Options
    imagewheelerc:
    imageDeniseRN:
    Andplusalso she's probably not really a nurse. She's probably a MA, CNA And at most a LPN. These office "nurses" tick me off because they play like they're RNs but have minimal education

Well I think this is kind of rude, but probably because of my experiences. Tyler sees the actual doctor very infrequently because there's a LPNP at his practice that I love. Tons of advice, we have very similar parenting styles, and I trust her completely! We love each other, lol. Today when she saw us she came out to the waiting room to give us a hug, and she's even expecting her first baby this month and we got her a nice gift.
    I get what you're saying, but not all are like this. I trust her completely, and I love his Dr too, but the dr is out backup!

There are exceptions to every rule and its my opinion :p and I have to deal with a lot of "office nurses" on the regs and I'm scared for my patients most of the day

Anecdote! The acronym for open heart surgery is called CABG pronounced "cabbage". Well I needed a new order with "CABG" as the diagnosis to get insurance to pay for rehab.

Well the office nurse sent over the order and literally wrote "diagnosis cabbage" SMH
  • Options
    versedversed member
    Ya, we cosleep, despite pedi telling us it's extremely dangerous. We also started peanutbutter at 9m, but pedi wanted us to wait until age 2 or 3.

While the peanutbutter advice might be slightly medically driven, Dh and I make the parenting decisions, not him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"