Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Keeping LO cool in the heat

Any advice for how to keep my LO (she is 14 weeks) cool in our random Pacific Northwest heat wave.  With no A/C ...

Re: Keeping LO cool in the heat

• mnj05mnj05 member

I'm Texas with an a/c, but of course it doesn't always feel like it! I don't dress DS during the day while we're home for that reason and he spits up all the time so there's really no point. I'm going today to get a small inflatable pool to set up in the shade and sit in it with him in the mornings and late, late evenings when it's a little cooler.

When we go out, I just keep him in the shade as much as possible and if we're outside a lot, I'll take a washcloth with us and soak it in water and wipe his face/neck/head to cool him off. Other than that, there's not much else I've done but I don't keep him out for long. By 10am everyday it's in the upper 90s here, 100s by 2pm, and it stays hot all night too so outside isn't the best for us.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• We're in a heat wave this weekend as well. We've been giving our LO a lukewarm bath every night to cool him down. Obviously he just hangs out and sleeps in a diaper. We give him something cold to chew on and I've also been putting a cool cloth on his head and feet. We have A/C only in our bedroom you may want to invest in one and have LO sleep in there with you so he can at least sleep comfortably.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey there neighbor. We don't have an a/c either and it was 90 degrees in the house yesterday. Yuck. We just crank up all the fans and I filled up LO's bathtub with lukewarm water and set her in the living room for about 20 minutes a few times throughout the day. Other than that, we just kept her naked and gave her some frozen teethers to chew on. She actually didn't seem bothered by the heat at all and was happy all day. Especially in the water.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagemnj05:

I'll take a washcloth with us and soak it in water and wipe his face/neck/head to cool him off.

I do this after Vivi is in the carseat for a long period of time or if she's feeling a little warm.  I'll also hold her against my chest and drape the cool washcloth on the back of her neck for a bit.  It seems to help cool her down.  She always gets super hot and sweaty in the car seat, even if we've been walking around the super air conditioned mall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"