December 2013 Moms
Options

So worried! Help!

Ok, this is my first post. I am 18 weeks on Wednesday, and I have spent the last two weeks far away from home on a college campus for a work training. I still have 2 weeks to go. Anyway, I got scabies from my dorm room. It is basically a disgusting skin rash, and really itchy. I got the treatment and informed my OB at home. He said the treatment was fine and that I could take a low dose of Benadryl to help with the itching. After all of this stress I am so paranoid there is something wrong with the baby. I haven't felt any movement yet, and I might be crazy but I think my bump is getting smaller.

Does anyone have advice to help with this paranoia?! I still have 2 weeks until our next appointment for the anatomy scan. The last ultrasound at 16 weeks looked perfectly fine and they assured us everything looked great. I am still so worried! Is it crazy to ask my doctor for an impromptu appointment to listen to the heartbeat? 

Re: So worried! Help!

• Options
    Scabies is only skin related and is caused by a mite. It doesn't enter any other part of your body. You're completely fine and so is your baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    That doesn't sound fun at all! Yuck! the scabies will not effect the baby, but if an appt would calm your fears then ask for one. I think that you may be worrying a little bit excessively in this particular instance though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    miam4miam4 member

I know... we become paranoiac people! I want to buy a Doppler!

I hope you get better soon! =)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"