Infertility

TTC (1year) newbie-finished 1st round of clomid, irregular periods

Hi ladies! Newbie here...my first post..

We have been TTC for a year now, I'm a healthy 25 year old w/ Irregular periods, finished my first round of Clomid this month.  I'm supposed to get my progesterone level checked next week.  Today was my third day with a "peak smiley" from the clear blue OPK.  I am hoping that the Clomid is not giving me false readings .... trying to keep positive after being let down month after month...Also, I keep hearing about Provera w/ Clomid and wondering if I should ask my doctor to put me on that too..

any ladies in a similar situation and can you give any advice!?  or success with Clomid?  Oh and we tried "Preseed" the fertility friendly lube after reading that some women had success with using that. So seems like we're on the right track.. I also got an ultrasound done just to make sure everything is in working order.. fingers and toes crossed!!  Thank you!!

Re: TTC (1year) newbie-finished 1st round of clomid, irregular periods

• I did three cycles with Clomid, but my periods are regular. I'm still not pregnant, but we know I responded and ovulated on it. I hadn't heard of Clomid causing false positive OPKs until just last week when someone else asked about it. Are you also having monitoring ultrasounds or are you only using OPKs ot time things? 
    When you say you had an ultrasound done, have you had other testing as well, including bloodwork and HSG for you and a semen analysis for your partner?
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Maybe this will be your time! Third times a charm!

--My doctor didn't think it would be necessary to have monitoring ultrasounds yet.  We have not had any other tests done yet.  Basically being on birth control for 8 years and coming off of it with irregular periods really has screwed my system up.  (that's what I think) but we'll see if this Clomid works ...I'm in the two week waiting period..

• Loading the player...
  • imagenicole08709:

Maybe this will be your time! Third times a charm!

--My doctor didn't think it would be necessary to have monitoring ultrasounds yet.  We have not had any other tests done yet.  Basically being on birth control for 8 years and coming off of it with irregular periods really has screwed my system up.  (that's what I think) but we'll see if this Clomid works ...I'm in the two week waiting period..

Is your doc an OB/GYN?  I would find a new doc, preferably a RE.

You need to be monitored while on Clomid.  Monitoring checks for cysts, makes sure your lining isn't being thinned by the Clomid, and checks to see how well (or even if) you are responding.

You also need to have the basic IF testing done before starting Clomid.  What if your tubes are blocked?  Or your husband has IF issues?  You could be wasting time and money taking Clomid.

GL. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• My husband and I TTC for 18 months before trying Clomid. I was diagnosed with progesterone and had irregular periods as well. After our first round of Clomid, we were pregnant. We're due next month, August 2013 and can't wait to meet our LO from God :)
  • Check the instructions or online about using OPKs on Clomid. I've read that it impacts the accuracy of the reading, too. I agree with getting any additional testing done, as well. A few friends have taken Clomid and it didn't work, since they had an entirely different underlying problem! Good luck!
  • I agree with Twinkie0612. Your follicles and bloodwork need to be monitored with Clomid; you don't want to be overstimmed. Before they started you on anything, did they check your hormone levels? That's the first thing they should be doing before any treatment so they can narrow down what's wrong.
    Be your own advocate. Tell your doc you'd like a work up done; they should be checking your LH, FSH, Estrogen, Testosterone, Progesterone, and Anti-mullarian hormone. Or go make an appt with an RE and get both yourself and your husband checked out.
    It also depends how long you've been off of birth control. It takes anywhere from 1-6 months for women to generally "normalize".
    Do your research, talk to your doc, get a second opinion. The ladies here are also really helpful for advice and support. Good luck to you!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"