Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how much do you spend on diapers?

I'm going back to work in the next month or so.  Up til now, we've been using cloth diapers, which have been somewhat of a PITA laundry-wise. 

In the name of budgeting, how much do you find you spend on disposable diapers and wipes per month?

Is getting a cosco membership worth it for diaper savings?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: how much do you spend on diapers?

• Options
    ugh...have deleted my siggy a couple times now, and it keeps showing up saying I'm 52 weeks pregnant....annoying...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagemargot209:
    ugh...have deleted my siggy a couple times now, and it keeps showing up saying I'm 52 weeks pregnant....annoying...

I literally clicked "save" 20 times to get it to stick. it only takes a minute, and then you don't feel awkward about being pregnant for a year. ha

As far as diapers. we are a size 1 and get a pack of 50 for about $6.50 (target brand) we go through about 10 a day 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no idea what the costs involved with cloth diapering are, so I have nothing to compare my disposable costs too!

Costco is awesome for diapers and wipes. They sell Huggies and Kirkland, which is the Costco private label but made by major companies. Typically 2 out of every 3 months Costco has a coupon for one brand of diapers and wipes, we stock up wiith the coupons! Size 3 are boxes of 212 count for 36.99 I believe, the coupon is usually 6.00 off, so 30.99 for the box. Between home and daycare she goes through a little less than a box a month.

I buy wipes with the coupon too but honestly have no idea what the cost is or how many we go through! DH used to buy 3 boxes at a time so we haven't bought them in a long time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Look at BBB or BRU, they'll do promos where if you buy 2 large boxes you'll get a large pack of wipes or buy the boxes and wipes you'll get a 25 gift card. Also, CVS is surprisingly useful too. They'll do deals where you'll get like 4 extra bucks if you purchase a certain amount. I always get some kind of extra bucks and then ill go in with coupons and use that.
  • Options
    We already had an Amazon Prime membership, so we use Amazon Mom.  $37.59 for 234 Pampers Swaddlers Size 1, and $8.78 for a 448 ct. box of Pampers Sensitive wipes each month.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    imagemargot209:
    I'm going back to work in the next month or so.nbsp; Up til now, we've been using cloth diapers, which have been somewhat of a PITA laundrywise.nbsp; In the name of budgeting, how much do you find you spend on disposable diapers and wipes per month?Is getting a cosco membership worth it for diaper savings?

I stock up on diapers ahead of time when I can get the best deals, so I don't have a set amount we spend per month. However, I do have a set amount I will pay per diaper. As of right now, I won't pay more than 14 or 15 cents per diaper, though I often pay even less, because every couple of weeks there are deals at the drugstores where I can get diapers this cheap using coupons. I have even gotten Huggies brand diapers for free at CVS after coupons. I would never ever pay for a Costco membership solely for the purpose of buying diapers. My sister told me what she pays for a case of diapers at Costco, and it works out to around 18 or 19 cents per diaper, which to me is not at all a good deal. Add to that the cost of a yearly membership fee, and I just do not see the value. As far as wipes, I try not to spend more than 1 cent per wipe, but I have a harder time finding wipes deals and sometimes need to spend a bit more than that.
  • Options
    imageamberandtroy19:

imagemargot209:

I literally clicked "save" 20 times to get it to stick. it only takes a minute, and then you don't feel awkward about being pregnant for a year. ha

After you change and save your siggy, log out and then log back in. And if you use multiple computers/tablets to get on TB, make sure to log out of ALL of them before you log back in. My siggy wouldn't change after I updated it for over a week, and I couldn't figure out why.... until I finally realized that I needed to log out on both my laptop and our iPad, then log back in... then it finally updated.

Sorry I can't help with the diaper question as we hve been lucky enough not to have to buy ANY diapers or wipes yet thanks to the generosity of friends and family at our showers. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

We're using cloth this time around. :-)

When we used disposables, we bought them from Sam's Club. A large box of Pampers is about $40, and a large box of Luvs is about $30. These are the boxes of around 200 diapers, and I'd say each box would last close to a month. A box of baby wipes is around $20 and lasts forever... at least 3 months I'd say.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    KLL22KLL22 member
    We were using pampers baby dry or swaddlers and using almost 2 boxes a month. They were running about 40$ a box. I told my friend I didn't really like the chemically smell and feel of them. She highly recommended The Honest Company diapers and wipes. They are amazing!! I love how they are natural and biodegradable. With my membership I get 300 diapers and 4 100 count wipes for 79$ about every 5-6 weeks depending on when I need them. So cost wise not much different and they are soooo much cuter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageemmy236:
    Look at BBB or BRU, they'll do promos where if you buy 2 large boxes you'll get a large pack of wipes or buy the boxes and wipes you'll get a 25 gift card. Also, CVS is surprisingly useful too. They'll do deals where you'll get like 4 extra bucks if you purchase a certain amount. I always get some kind of extra bucks and then ill go in with coupons and use that.

all of this. we just bought 2 boxes of huggies diapers, 43.99ea, and a box of wipes, 12.99 and recieved a 25 gift card. we will go through an entire box every 2 to 3 weeks. sometimes at BRU they have added coupons for diapers and wipes on your receipt.
  • Options

thanks for the responses everyone!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"