Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

flying with 3month old

I was just wondering if anyone has experience flying with LOs. My husband and I will be taking two 2hr flights to visit family this weekend and just want to be as prepared as possible. We will be bringing BM with us and have already looked up regulation on that. Just wondering what experience yall have had and tips for baby on the plane; and please WISH US LUCK :) ha

Re: flying with 3month old

• Options

imageamberandtroy19:
    I was just wondering if anyone has experience flying with LOs. My husband and I will be taking two 2hr flights to visit family this weekend and just want to be as prepared as possible. We will be bringing BM with us and have already looked up regulation on that. Just wondering what experience yall have had and tips for baby on the plane; and please WISH US LUCK :) ha

Make sure you have a copy of LO's birth certificate or some other verification of age. The airline gave us crap about that (even though it was obvious she was a newbie) and we had to have one faxed from our pediatrican's office. It was a PITA. So, we got DD a state ID with her DOB on it for future trips. I wouldn't carry the original with you.  

Its a lot easier to fly with a newborn than a toddler. If you have the means to pay for an extra seat for the infant carrier I think its worth it. That way you can nurse on take off (to pop LO's ears) and then they can sleep in the carrier or on you. You can also bring books, a touch n' feel book for them to play with etc. The hardest part was changing the diaper in the bathroom. Make sure to bring individual scented baggies to dispose of a stinky diaper. The airline normally won't allow it in with the other refuse. So you can carry it off and dispose of it when you land.

Other then that a lot of snuggles, songs and fun. Its so much easier than when they are mobile! Have fun!  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I just flew with my almost 3 month old last weekend. I know it may be a PITA to lug around but I brought my boppy pillow on the plane, so it was a little easier to nurse, etc and he just fell asleep on it. Other than that, PP mentioned everything else. It was rather easy. Good luck, i was nervous as heck to fly with LO.
    proof-3 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I flew two weeks ago and I put my LO in the Moby wrap for the flight. He slept the majority of the first flight. Woke up and drank a bottle and went back to sleep. He slept the entire flight back home. We were told to have a bottke ready for take off/landing because of thier ears popping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Easiest age to fly with a LO in my opinion especially if you are BFing. Wrangling a toddler is a whole other ballgame.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:
    Easiest age to fly with a LO in my opinion especially if you are BFing. Wrangling a toddler is a whole other ballgame.

This, I'm more worried about my 2.5 and 5 year olds than the baby on our upcoming flight. I second bringing the boppy as well. It's a pain, but worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options

imagemrsdeanna:
    I just flew with my almost 3 month old last weekend. I know it may be a PITA to lug around but I brought my boppy pillow on the plane, so it was a little easier to nurse, etc and he just fell asleep on it. Other than that, PP mentioned everything else. It was rather easy. Good luck, i was nervous as heck to fly with LO.

I told DH that I wanted to bring the boppy but we weren't sure if it out fit in the plane seat. You didn't have any problem wedging it in there on you? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"