Fabric softener? — The Bump
Cloth Diapering

Fabric softener?

I should maybe lurk a little more on this board before posting, but wondering if u ladies use fabric softener in the wash for cloth diapers, and if so, what kind? I'm due in September so I still have some time to research, but we just moved and got a new steam washer. No dryer yet so we've been line drying, which works out great considering everything dries in 5 min in this heat wave.

My concern is that line drying causes the clothes to be sorta stiff and crinkly. What fabric softener would be good for baby, particularly diapers? I'm used to using a dryer with Bounce sheets most my life. Maybe no softener at all, it's just the way it is? I read somewhere that vinegar can be used?

TIA!

Re: Fabric softener?

• TJ1979TJ1979
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    No fabric softener with diapers. I was also told not to use it on baby clothes because it alters the flame retardantness. A lot of us use dryer balls, wool or otherwise.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Hmm... Ok. I don't have a dryer but am planning on getting one so I guess the dryer balls would be the solution. In the meantime, I will wear my crinkly clothes proudly. :: mobile smiley::

Thanks again, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards