October 2013 Moms
Options

When do kick counts start?

I can't remember when exactly you are supposed to start kick counts... 

I'm getting nervous because mine have definitely decreased and because we are dealing with fetal anemia.... Anyone else have decreased movement for a day or more?

i tried cold soda, sugar, laying on my side And back nothing is working! 

Re: When do kick counts start?

• Options
    Not till 28 to 32 weeks. Depends on your docs rules, but that is usually the time frame.

Babies grow though and get super active and then slow down and sleep more. They do the exact same thing once they are born. Mines been pretty mellow today, where the last few days have been like an MMA fight.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

usually around 28 weeks you can start daily kick counts  

try cold water on your side :)

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHFrizzle:
    Not till 28 to 32 weeks. Depends on your docs rules, but that is usually the time frame. Babies grow though and get super active and then slow down and sleep more. They do the exact same thing once they are born. Mines been pretty mellow today, where the last few days have been like an MMA fight.

Pretty much said what I was thinking. My doc had me start at 28 weeks. I know it is hard not to worry, but it is normal to come and go. She has been pretty mellow today, but yesterday it was like a mosh pit in there. I would definitely check with your doc tomorrow, they may have different guidelines due to baby's anemia. 

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • Options
    How do they check for fetal anemia?

Mine has been super mellow too, but I notice he's really calm after me being super busy. I think I tired him out.
  • Options
    I have. Today baby hasn't been as active at all and I have a sore spot on my belly, almost like a pulled muscle but not as bad as RLP.

The past few days baby has been super active so I was nervous. Just drank some iced tea with sugar and laid on my left side and baby is kicking some.

Not sure about the anemia tying in but hope you can get some reassurance soon. Are you taking iron supplements?
  • Options

I have a dr appointment tomorrow morning anyway, so ill just ask then! I guess I should have already asked because maybe my condition has different "rules" but hopefully everything is ok.

you girls are reassuring! ThAnks! 

• Options
    My last dr never had me do them. Not sure with this Dr yet.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    My doctor wants me to start at 28 weeks.

If I really want baby to move I try an ice pack on my bump.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options

I asked my OB at my last appt (24 weeks) and she said not until 28-30 weeks. She said at this point "at least once a day" is what they're looking for. They still have enough room that there may be periods when you don't feel baby as much and she said that's fine. 

Definitely ask your OB, though, since your situation might be unique. 

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"