February 2014 Moms
Options

1st u/s entourage?!

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and my husband will be there, but my mom wants to come too! This is my first pregnancy, so I don't know what the norm is for these appts. I just don't know if I should be walking in with 2 people. My mom and I are close and this would be her first grandchildso I feel bad denying her this experience. I could see if we could video tape the u/s, but I'm looking for advice. Is it a big deal to bring both my dh and mom?

Re: 1st u/s entourage?!

• Options
    Not at all! My mom and I are very close and she came to all of my u/s with my first. It was her first grandchild as well and she was so excited! She was in the delivery room too! Whatever makes you and you DH comfortable! Good luck :
  • Options
    I'd say check with your doctor first, my office only lets DH go back.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our room was really small. With the doc, nurse, my husband and myself sprawled out with my legs spread wide.
    Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Options

My dr office allows two additional adults and children over 6...I would just call and ask. But having your mom there should be just fine. I had my mom attend my first gender scan, but with second kiddo she was only in delivery. with this one, i think she will be pretty involved. 

ps, with my first son i had soooo many ppl in my delivery room and loved it! just see what the rules are :) 

• Options
    I receive two level two anamoty scans so my mom and MIL came to the second one. That u/s is a lot more fun because the baby looks like an actual baby! So if you are uncomfortable with her there for the internal u/s you can always wait until you are further along.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"