January 2013 Moms

Infant Swim Rescue

Has anyone done ISR with their LOs? We have a pool and I'm pretty sure we will start her at 6 months, but its a big time and money investment, so I'm just curious what someone else's experience has been.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Infant Swim Rescue

• I started DS1 at 17 months. After 6 weeks of lessons, 5 days a week, he was back floating and sort of swimming. The following spring, around two years old, after three (maybe 4?) weeks, 3 days a week, of a refresher courses, he was full on swimming and back floating to catch his breath. This year, at three, he is an amazing and confident swimmer. 

The instructor takes them as young as 6 months. I plan on starting DS2 early spring next year around 14 or 15 months. Note - I do not have a pool at my house, but we have a community pool down the road that we go to often.  If I had a pool, I would start DS2 this year.

Well worth the investment. So much better than those mommy and me lets blow bubbles in the water with arm floats "classes". 

The first few weeks are hard, but stick with it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH and I really want to put our LO in a class but no one around us teaches it. Keep us posted on how you like it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"