Cloth Diapering

Yet another prefold newborn stash question

I have 12 newborn and 24 size small prefolds.  I'm anticipating an 8lb baby, but really, who knows?

My question is, how many covers should I have?  I have:

2 newborn (exposed PUL style) Litewrap covers from GMD.  They said they are good for 7-10 lbs, but really they run very big. 

1 OS cover (exposed PUL style) from best bottom

1 OS cover (envelope non-exposed PUL style) from Applecheeks

1 alva newborn diaper I might try to use as a cover,

a handful of OS pocket diapers from kawaii, GoGreen, and alva

Do I need more exposed PUL style covers or no?

edited for clarity!

Re: Yet another prefold newborn stash question

• I think you need a couple more nb covers.  How much time do you have before the baby gets here?  I got 3 tiny covers from Assunta and honesty I can't tell the difference between them quality or size wise from my thirsties duo wrap size 1.  I haven't put them on a baby but they get awesome reviews.  They take like 4 weeks to get after ordering, but they are only 5 bucks per wrap.  Also, Imagine diapers have an inexpensive nb cover.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • You need about 6 NB covers if your going to be doing PF's full time at first. Also, I"d get more NB prefolds as well to reduce the bulk in the beginning.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I was happy with 4 covers. I loved my NB bummis super brites.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I have 24 newborn prefolds and 9newborn covers...too many I know but it was a "buy it all" stash so I just took them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think the general recommendation is 5 or 6 NB covers. That being said, we have about a dozen. We are a PF only family. And we are lazy, lazy, lazy. Therefore, we don't snappi. We simply trifold the PF in the cover and go.

NB EBF poo is crazy runny. And they poop all.the.time. (Or maybe that's just our kiddos). 

So between not using snappis and only trifolding, poo gets on the covers a lot. Therefore, we have a lot of covers to let us go a little longer between washes. (We generally wash EOD.)

Most of our NB covers are Proraps. Cheap and functional (with double gussets and cord cutout), but certainly not cute. We love them for the NB stage. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NukkeNukke member
    I like the idea (and cost!) of the Assunta and Proraps.  Does anyone know when they'll be stocking the Assunta again?  Baby is due late September, so I have a bit of time.
  • They are always updating inventory, there are some tiny wraps available right now, I'm not sure what colors.  But you just have to keep checking back.  Honestly chec out imagine diaper covers too.  They are like 5 bucks a pop and yes they are primary colors, but in person they are less bright and just a nice back up in case you need them. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • NukkeNukke member

imageABColeslaw:
    They are always updating inventory, there are some tiny wraps available right now, I'm not sure what colors.  But you just have to keep checking back.  Honestly chec out imagine diaper covers too.  They are like 5 bucks a pop and yes they are primary colors, but in person they are less bright and just a nice back up in case you need them. 

I'll keep waiting for them to restock.  There are only minky tiny fit left, and they're really ugly patterns.  Those are $5 plus $5 shipping.

The imagine diapers I found for newborn covers are $8 a pop, and they cost me another $8.55 in shipping.  I'm going to keep looking around, but will probably just wait to buy two from Assunta when they restock them.

• imageNukke:

imageABColeslaw:
    They are always updating inventory, there are some tiny wraps available right now, I'm not sure what colors.  But you just have to keep checking back.  Honestly chec out imagine diaper covers too.  They are like 5 bucks a pop and yes they are primary colors, but in person they are less bright and just a nice back up in case you need them. 

I'll keep waiting for them to restock.  There are only minky tiny fit left, and they're really ugly patterns.  Those are $5 plus $5 shipping.

The imagine diapers I found for newborn covers are $8 a pop, and they cost me another $8.55 in shipping.  I'm going to keep looking around, but will probably just wait to buy two from Assunta when they restock them.

That makes me feel a little guilty!  I bought 3 tiny wraps from Assunta and I'm not even pregnant :(  I feel like I cheated the pregnant girls.  They will restock soon!  

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • NukkeNukke member
    imageABColeslaw:
    imageNukke:

imageABColeslaw:

That makes me feel a little guilty!  I bought 3 tiny wraps from Assunta and I'm not even pregnant :(  I feel like I cheated the pregnant girls.  They will restock soon!  

Haha don't worry!  I was impatient and found some OK deals this side of the border.  I snagged a  bestbottom cover, rumparooz NB cover, and Sweet Pea NB cover.  so now I'm all set!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"