Cloth Diapering

Favorite AI2s/ Hybrids?

I have been lurking on this board off and on for a couple of months since DH and I started looking into CDing. Now that I am 34 weeks, I want to get my stash started so I can have it ready by the time LO gets here. I did look at the FAQs and it was very helpful. We have decided we are going to use pre-folds with covers for NB and switch to AI2s/ Hybrids once LO is a little older. I love the idea of having the option to use cloth or disposable inserts but I haven't had much luck finding reviews on these. Is there anyone who uses AI2 or hybrids that can recommend their diapers?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Elizabeth Paige born 8/11/13

Re: Favorite AI2s/ Hybrids?

• The big three are Grovia, Flips, and g diapers.  There are more, but these are the ones I have seen talked about the most.  I honestly think you'd have to try them out to decide, I personally hate g diapers, but a lot of mom's love them.  I like Flips and a lot of people really seem to lie Grovia. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I like my Flips, but would hate them everyday. I muchly prefer pockets. AI2's just aren't that great for overnight and typically bunch and leak. I would try trial like Jillian's Drawers before you commit to all AI2's.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I've loved Best Bottoms.  I especially loved the double gussets on the legs!  They are pretty much meant to be used with the snap-in cloth inserts, but you can use them with any of the disposable liners made by the other companies mentioned.  They sell gDiapers at our stores around here, so it was convenient to pick those disposable inserts up (to use with the BB covers).  We used them a few times, but actually preferred the cloth.  The BB covers can be used with prefolds, too.  And because you only need one cover for every 3-4 cloth insert, they are more economical than pockets.  

We also tried gDiapers (hated them... leaks all the time!) and Grovia (not a good fit on our DD, stiff and bulky).  Best Bottoms were my favorite diapers, with BG 4.0 pockets being my #2 choice, Baby Kicks pockets my #3 choice.  That's the order I grabbed them in between washings most of the time.  

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• imagekaswanson:

I've loved Best Bottoms.  I especially loved the double gussets on the legs!  They are pretty much meant to be used with the snap-in cloth inserts, but you can use them with any of the disposable liners made by the other companies mentioned.  They sell gDiapers at our stores around here, so it was convenient to pick those disposable inserts up (to use with the BB covers).  We used them a few times, but actually preferred the cloth.  The BB covers can be used with prefolds, too.  And because you only need one cover for every 3-4 cloth insert, they are more economical than pockets.  

We also tried gDiapers (hated them... leaks all the time!) and Grovia (not a good fit on our DD, stiff and bulky).  Best Bottoms were my favorite diapers, with BG 4.0 pockets being my #2 choice, Baby Kicks pockets my #3 choice.  That's the order I grabbed them in between washings most of the time.  

Interesting. I was thinking of trying Best Bottoms with my next child.  Right now we use best bottom trainers and I love the snap in inserts!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I second best bottoms. I haven't used them with disposable inserts, but I have just laid a trifolded bamboo insert in and been fine.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • imagekaswanson:

I've loved Best Bottoms.  I especially loved the double gussets on the legs!  They are pretty much meant to be used with the snap-in cloth inserts, but you can use them with any of the disposable liners made by the other companies mentioned.  They sell gDiapers at our stores around here, so it was convenient to pick those disposable inserts up (to use with the BB covers).  We used them a few times, but actually preferred the cloth.  The BB covers can be used with prefolds, too.  And because you only need one cover for every 3-4 cloth insert, they are more economical than pockets.  

Another woman I know who is due a couple weeks before me just got her Best Bottoms in and I am seriously considering them now. Have you used Best Bottoms from the newborn stage  or did you have a separate newborn stash?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Elizabeth Paige born 8/11/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"