July 2013 Moms

Last dinner question

I am due the 25th but am going to be induced the night of the 20th. My DH gets his check two days before that. I was thinking its be nice to head to town for a past movie and nice dinner before heading to the hospital for the scheduled induction. I had an induction with DD and had no problems what so ever. My only question is would you do that plan and have a dinner and movie right before the induction that way you won't be hungry during labor or would you find it too risky that the induction would cause you to up chuck the amazing food that you just had?

Re: Last dinner question

• imageMrsErinH:
    I have never been induced but I would be afraid of throwing up if it was a heavy meal. Is there any way you could do it a day earlier?

This! I am going in to be induced at 3:30 in the morning tomorrow and DH and I had our last meal last night. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsErinH:
    I have never been induced but I would be afraid of throwing up if it was a heavy meal. Is there any way you could do it a day earlier?

Yes. We can. My idea was either before the hospital or the night before.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate before I went to the hospital.  I was having contractions close together, so they decided to induce me.  I knew the baby would be on its way.  I regret eating so badly.  Everything that went in me came out.  I was so sick from doing that.   I would eat the nice meal the night before.
  • MRadsMRads member
    I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat the night before I went into labor. I was definitely hungry by the time I was allowed to eat again, bc I hadn't eaten in about 30 hours, but I'm glad I hadn't because I'm sure I would have thrown it all up. I say do it two nights before or do a nice lunch and then a movie.

Baby boy 7.10.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"