November 2012 Moms

When will / did you introduce..(i guess STM ?)

Blankets in the crib? Or a stuffy etc..? How do you get them used to covers or liking them or toys once you start offering them?

Right now LO sleeps in a onesie, but by morning it's a little too cool for just that. I don't want to wake him trying to get clothes on him (but have been, i can usually get by with slipping on light pants) or a sleep sack.

Bad thing is when I've tried blankets, as soon as I lay a blanket on him he starts moving and kicks and wakes up.  I've only tried it for naps, but if he goes down wrapped in one kinda, he is ok with it when he lays down till he rolls over. So how did/ do you transition them over to using them?

TIA! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: When will / did you introduce..(i guess STM ?)

• Not a STM but we are already using a blanket, as you said by the morning it's too cold her feet are freezing. I usually out her down at night without it and then when I go to bed I go in her room and just out it over her legs, by morning she sometimes has it over her whole body but usually stays down by her feet. 
  • Oh and we also have a lovie (a & a security blanket) and a seahorse in her crib and sometimes during nap time she plays with them but usually during the night she doesn't care much.
  • Loading the player...
  • I gave him a blanket for a few days, then freaked out and snatched it back when I saw him with it wrapped around his head one night.  He gets a small lovey, a flat bunny "blankey" about the size of my hand.  His seahorse is in with him.  He normally just wears footed PJs to bed.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I have tired using a big knit blanket on him a couple times, but he wakes right away when I lay it on him.

should I lay it on him while I rock him so when i lay him down he's not desturbed by it? When I lay him in his crib he goes straight from back to side then on to his belly. He sleeps mostly belly but turns side to side through the night.

I really wish he was ok with his blanket!

It's to warm for a cover usually when I lay him down, it's mid night he gets chilly. ... ?? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been using a blanket or two for LO since day one.

We live in Canada and it's mighty chilly in the house overnight in the house.
    LO sleeps in a full sleeper with at least one blanket.

We never swaddled or used sleep sacs. He now is able to push the blanket away if he gets hot, or pull it closer if he gets cool.

Sorry I can't give advice for starting now.
  • imageSurpriseAt39:
    I've been using a blanket or two for LO since day one.

We live in Canada and it's mighty chilly in the house overnight in the house.
    LO sleeps in a full sleeper with at least one blanket.

We never swaddled or used sleep sacs. He now is able to push the blanket away if he gets hot, or pull it closer if he gets cool.

Sorry I can't give advice for starting now.

This is us totally. P sleeps with a half sized blanket and he too is able to push it off or pull it closer.
  • It's too hot here for one and I wouldn't give him a full size blanket because he likes to pull it over his head and laugh. It's a game to him and with a big blanket sometimes he can't get out of it. I do give him the aiden anais security blanket. They rock!!!!! He also sleeps with his sea horse. They sell them at target and the belly lights up and it plays soft music. That thing is a godsend. I often find him with his arms around it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only use a muslin blanket at naps sometimes . I'm too paranoid . I swaddled until five months! Can you put on footed pjs?
  • H sleeps with a lovie, it is a small blanket with the animal at the top. For naps I sometimes put a receiving blanket over his legs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm waiting til DS is a year. Not worth the risk! Get a lighter sleep sack. 
  • kb&mbkb&mb member
    N just sleeps in a onesie. His feet are chilly in the morning but it doesn't seem to bother him. He has a lovey, his WubbaNub paci, and his seahorse in the crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just added a giraffe and i still swaddle her feet at night but this week she's been getting pissed about it so its time to add a blanket..
  • this doesn't exactly answer your question, but what about warming up the room temp instead of using a blanket?

we have a similar problem where it is blazing hot when Lo falls asleep, but cool by morning.  I just go in in the MOTN and close the windows a little, and sometimes turn the fan off or down. So far it's working for us.

• H sleeps with a.a. security blanket and an a.a muslin blanket. I double it up if it's going to be cooler. Even when he has totally reversed himself in the crib, he doesn't get tangled up in it.

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"