August 2013 Moms
Options

Baby's Astrological Sign

I'm not huge on astrology, but I think it is fun to read the personality descriptions.  Most of our babies will be Leos, but do you have a feeling that baby was meant to be something other than what your EDD says they will be?

My EDD would make her a Virgo, but I feel like I've got a little lion inside me (it was even in a dream the other night).

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

Re: Baby's Astrological Sign

• Options
    I'm a leo, and I *really* want baby girl to be a leo as well. My EDD is the 19th, so barely before the cut off (22nd). But, I'm almost positive that I'll end up having a virgo, which doesn't really matter at all, but it kind of bummed me for a second. Ha! This would have never happened if they would have left my EDD on the 8th!

• Options
    I have a feeling this baby is going to be a Leo, which makes me kinda happy because I'm Sagittarius and my DH is Aries, so all 3 of us will be fire signs. DS1 was due 12/6 which would have made him a Sag as well, but he chose to come 17 days early and missed the Sag cutoff by 2 days! haha. Not that it means anything at all but he's a Scorpio.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am going to be having a Leo.

I would have liked a virgo just as well.

My mom, grandma and aunt are all Leos. When we first announced our PG I teased them that I was disappointed the baby was going to be a Leo, but it isn't true.

I am absolutely convinced that this is the baby I am supposed to have at the time I am supposed to have it. :-)  

If I am being totally honest, there are a couple signs that I am glad I am not having!!! :-)  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    imagecinderin:

If I am being totally honest, there are a couple signs that I am glad I am not having!!! :-)  

Ditto. Not for any good reason, I'm *really* glad I'm not having a Capricorn. My mom, bio-dad, 2 brothers, 2 grandmas, grandpa, and about 10 cousins are all Capricorns. So not only does that make for a ridiculous amount of winter birthdays, but it also makes it hard to be a Leo in a Capricorns world. :( 

Edit: spelling 

• Options
    imagecinderin:

Scorpio for me - DH is one and I don't think I could handle another.

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    I feel like she should have been a Taurus with how stubborn she is already. It didn't really matter to me to have a particular sign.
  • Options
    imagehenderson1026:
    imagecinderin:

My little sister is a Scorpio...and I have to agree I'm kinda glad not to deal with that. Though, again, signs really mean nothing. Not trying to offend anyone, or their kids or spouses!

I will say that I am so glad I found my Pisces. He is a great balance to my Leo. :) If we're being honest, he's really excited that LO may not be a Leo. Ha! He doesn't think he'll have the patience for two.

• Options
    I'm a virgo and this LO is supposed to be a virgo, but we will see. He feels like a little leo right now too. haha 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Options
    My baby girl is due to be a Virgo, the 29th. My sister is a Virgo and it scares me cause she is super sensitive and everything I have read says this is a normal personality trait for them. I hope I dont hurt LO's feelings.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options

Im a Scorpio, and DH is a Cancer.  My Leo girl is going to be a handful.  Lol

but honestly, DH and I tried to get pregnant for 3 years, I really don't care what sign she is. 

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • Options
    imagehenderson1026:
    imagecinderin:

Ditto here. I have a lot of Scorpios int life and am glad I'm not having another. Excited fe my little Leo, from what little I know of it.

• Options
    I'm an Aries and DH is a Virgo. She is due aug 20th so I feel like this could go either way.
    If she is a Leo, DH gets to deal with both of us being a fire sign. If she is a Virgo I hope she doesn't pick up ALL of DH's stubbornness :]
    Either way I'm sure it will be a wonderful ride. I don't read too much into the signs, but it is interesting.
  • Options

We will also be having a Leo. DF and I are both Libras, so we are excited about the Leo girl.

Your post inspired me to do more research on Leos though. I really like astrology. 

• Options
    imageRoosterMemphis:
    but honestly, DH and I tried to get pregnant for 3 years, I really don't care what sign she is.nbsp;

This! I don't keep up too much with the signs do didn't really give it much thought but after reading up on the Leo I'm ok with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My boys are Cancers [i had them last Wed at 34w]. I'm a Leo, DH is a Virgo and DS is an Aries.

DH puts up w a lot, haha.

• Options
    I'm a Leo, but with my birthday on the 30th of July, I've always felt like I related more to a Cancer. Little one is due on the 1st of August, so unless there is a very early birth, he or she will be a Leo too. DH just missed being a Leo by a few days, he's a Virgo.

Eta: the only sign I would hope to avoid is Taurus. I have a lot of them around me and they take up a lot of energy! Haha
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    imagecarrotcake06:
    My boys are Cancers [i had them last Wed at 34w]. I'm a Leo, DH is a Virgo and DS is an Aries.

Congrats! Hope you all are doing well!
    Tara
  • Options
    Well I'm a Leo and my due date is the 31st so he wouldn't be. However, they said they will induce me at 39 weeks. Still missing the cutoff by at least 2 days so very much hoping he shows up around 38 weeks. My bday is the 15th and my grandmas is the 17th do around there would be awesome!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm a Leo and my little guy should be a Leo too since he is due August 5th which is right in the middle of the dates. Unless he comes more than 2 weeks early he will be a Leo.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Options
    thellxthellx member
    Our boy is scheduled to be a Virgo. I'm a Cancer, and my husband is Sagittarius. I have always been a true Cancer. The typical Cancer description and personality traits sound like they could have been written specifically about me. My husband, on the other hand, is not what I would consider to be a "true" Sagittarius. The personality traits, strengths, and weaknesses typically assigned to Sagittarius don't match up with him at all. So it will be interesting to see how closely the Virgo (or Leo if he's early) traits actually correspond to our son.
  • Options
    imagetarapike86:
    imagecarrotcake06:

Congrats! Hope you all are doing well!

Thanks! It was a surprise for sure when my water broke! Both are doing well in the NICU and will hopefully be home in a week or two. Love them.

• Options

I'm a Leo too so I'm excited to be having one! Well both be first borns, daughters, and Leos.

Dh is Pisces and I know he will love his little lioness.

Also, I am glad I'm not having a Taurus- sis is Taurus and she is ridiculously stubborn. 

• Options
    imageELauren88:
    imagecinderin:

Ditto. Not for any good reason, I'm *really* glad I'm not having a Capricorn. My mom, bio-dad, 2 brothers, 2 grandmas, grandpa, and about 10 cousins are all Capricorns. So not only does that make for a ridiculous amount of winter birthdays, but it also makes it hard to be a Leo in a Capricorns world. :( 

Edit: spelling 

Wow, this is so crazy. I'm a capricorn in a Leos world. I noticed once at my friends house that all 5 of my friends in the room were leos- I was the lamb (goat, watev) in the lions den- ha!! My dad is also a Leo, and so is my MIL. However I tend to get along with all of these people really well!  I'm hoping this baby is a leo as well (mostly because otherwise would mean she is 2weeks early but partly because I have found that leos are fun to be around)

PS- I'm sorry you are surrounded by so many capricorns. We tend to be serious and boring- often pessimistic. Though we're creative and witty it's usually pretty smothered with woe.

• Options
    I hadn't really thought about it but I guess I will be having a Leo unless baby makes their debut 10 days early in which case I might have a cancer. I am a Leo/Cancer cusp and DH is a Pisces/Aquarius cusp. Should be interesting!!

• Options

My husband and I are both Geminis.  My oldest daughter is a Scorpio and my toddler is a Capricorn...and she is a serious baby!

These babies will be either Cancers or Leos, depending on how far I make it.  Leos have a lot of great qualities but I hope they aren't as cocky as a lot of the Leos I know, haha.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    imageSascha3:

My husband and I are both Geminis.  My oldest daughter is a Scorpio and my toddler is a Capricorn...and she is a serious baby!

These babies will be either Cancers or Leos, depending on how far I make it.  Leos have a lot of great qualities but I hope they aren't as cocky as a lot of the Leos I know, haha.

my DH and I are both geminis too! And LO will most likely be a Leo. I'm hoping my little Leo girl isn't as stubborn as my older Leo sis. 

• Options

imageELauren88:
    I'm a leo, and I *really* want baby girl to be a leo as well. My EDD is the 19th, so barely before the cut off (22nd). But, I'm almost positive that I'll end up having a virgo, which doesn't really matter at all, but it kind of bummed me for a second. Ha! This would have never happened if they would have left my EDD on the 8th!

I'm a Leo too and I hope my baby girl makes it to August to be a Leo as well!  In fact, this is how lame I am, I registered for a Boppy pillow with an adorable lion on it for her being a Leo.  :)  She's due on the 14th so hopefully she'll arrive in time for that.  No biggie though, Virgo's are pretty awesome too!

BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• Options
    imageErikaserenity84:
    imageSascha3:

my DH and I are both geminis too! And LO will most likely be a Leo. I'm hoping my little Leo girl isn't as stubborn as my older Leo sis. 

Awesome!  Geminis get along well together...we get each other:)

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    Astrology is so fun to think about, although you can read just about anything into it. I'm a Scorpio among a Gemini, Aries, and willbe Leo. The abrupt, mindchanging, drama that goes on here as it is, kills me a little! Adding a little wild child might be tough!
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an Aires and DH is a Gemini. Baby can go either way ... I don't really know that many Leo's but 2 fire signs in the house sounds like fun; it would be nice to have someone to get in trouble with, lol. DH will have his hands full :D.
    My mothers a Virgo and we get along great, but probably because she's easy going and bends to my fiery nature.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    One baby is a total Leo just like his Mama. The other not so much.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    I really don't know anything about astrology, but I did read the descriptions of Leo and Virgo, and being due August 20th I could easily go either way. My guess though, is he's going to be late and a virgo, because when I read that description I remember thinking THAT sounds just like a combination of DH and I! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"