August 2013 Moms

Oopsie!

I didn't mean to...but this morning I went on my registry to remove something and add one thing real quick since my shower invites were received yesterday.

I was doing a quick double check through everything before I basically blocked it from myself, and I saw that 2 of our "big" items have already been purchased! I know I could have not looked, buuuuut I did. I'm so excited! Some kind and giving persons have bought our swing and rock n play. :) I feel so blessed already. Just thought I'd whOre myself out for a moment. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday, as well! :)

Re: Oopsie!

• I've totally been stalking mine all weekend. I'm awful, but I'm so excited!

Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • imageJill9288:
    I've totally been stalking mine all weekend. I'm awful, but I'm so excited!

Yes. I've been doing the same thing. My mom keeps telling me not to so I can be surprised, but I just tell her I'll be surprised because it doesn't tell me WHO bought what. I get so excited when something is purchased! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay! I keep telling myself I'm not going to look anymore since ppl are buying things now but I can't help it!
  • I kept my word of not looking at the registries for our wedding...I figured that's about all the will power I have in me which means I totally stalked our baby registries!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Haha! Glad I'm not alone! I just keep telling myself that it's ok, because I have a second registry at a ma & pop store that I can't stalk because it's just a list in store. So that one will be a *complete* surprise. Ha! I'm so bad.

• I was addicted to checking my registry before my shower.  I've been having withdrawal now - I still check it even though I know nothing will change.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• That is how it all began for me.. went on to change something and accidentally saw that my stroller had been purchased. There's no going back now lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Yay!! I'm not alone lol!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Seriously have spent the last however long it has been since my last post debating on whether to check the registry again.. I had been doing good at not checking as often, but I finally caved.. One more item bought! WOO! I'm happy to know I am not the only one who likes to look! 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Haha. It's a slippery slope once you take that first peak! No shame.
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Totally been stalking mine.  I say " oh I just wanna add or delete something" but it's really just to check it out . It's just very exciting

• That's a huge blessing! We put some big items on there and did not expect them to be purchased AND we are having twins so I expected people to maybe just buy one of each which would have been fine but people shocked us and some big items we received were both cribs, Chicco double stroller, dresser, and changing table. We had our shower last weeked. What a blessing !
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRoadToFertility:
    That's a huge blessing! We put some big items on there and did not expect them to be purchased AND we are having twins so I expected people to maybe just buy one of each which would have been fine but people shocked us and some big items we received were both cribs, Chicco double stroller, dresser, and changing table. We had our shower last weeked. What a blessing !

That's amazing! So happy for you! I know these babies are our responsibilities, which as parents we are more than happy to step up and pay for. But, it's always so nice when a generous soul gets you something to help you along. :)

• Oopsie, but I did too! I looked at our registry on Amazon and noticed something was missing.. and then i *accidentally* clicked on the thank you list- it even told me who bought it!! Ah, luckily though, it came in the mail yesterday and she had messaged me on FB to make sure it arrived on time. :) MIL is throwing a shower later this month, so I'll try not to peek anymore..

Note: I said "try".

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is really awesome!!
  • imageCosmicLove:
    Haha. It's a slippery slope once you take that first peak! No shame.

This! Trying hard not to start!!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"