August 2012 Moms
Options

Passive aggressive.

I just did something passive aggressive on fb.

H's bf's wife just posted a status [15 minutes ago] and a picture bragging about how she turned her her 7 month old baby ff in the car "big boy growing up! Just turned the car seat around!" I immediately went to the carseat for the littles page and shared a rf safety thing. I just wanted to make sure she was informed. That's all.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Passive aggressive.

• Options
    I don't think I even transitioned DS to a convertible carseat until then.  I can't imagine ff a 7 month old. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    CRey13CRey13 member
    I would totally say something. But I can totally get into people's faces. My family is all about being passive aggressive. It drives me nuts, I'm like just say what you want!

I think sharing the info was a great idea! Maybe she will get a clue and change back to RF.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think there are actually people that really don't know much about car seat safety. Perhaps she will be thankful for the information you gave? 

I get weird looks here for having DS rear facing still, it was difficult to find the right car seat, everyone here turns their babies at 6 months. I think that a year from now there is talk of a law being passed that they need to remain rear for longer. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    imageScout2005:
    That is 100 illegal and I would screen shot and turn her into CPS.7 MONTHS?Child endangerment. No question.nbsp;
    I told H to tell his bf that that's illegal. I think they assume the law is 20lbs OR 1 year old.

I also told him to tell them that it is safer and AAP recommends rf until at least 2.
  • Options
    I agree with pp. Most people really don't get educated on car seat safety, or the LAWS. I'd message her, and inform her that legally her LO neess to rf until at least 12mo.
  • Options
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    I think there are actually people that really don't know much about car seat safety. Perhaps she will be thankful for the information you gave?nbsp;I get weird looks here for having DS rear facing still, it was difficult to find the right car seat, everyone here turns their babies at 6 months. I think that a year from now there is talk of a law being passed that they need to remain rear for longer.nbsp;
    I think they are truly misinformed about carseat safety. She'll do damn near anything that her pedi tells her to do, so I'm guessing her pedi didn't inform her about carseat safety.

I wish more pedis would inform people on this issue!
  • Options

There needs to be more Poppys out there to spread the word on car seat safety 

• Options

imageJayandEmm:
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    I think there are actually people that really don't know much about car seat safety. Perhaps she will be thankful for the information you gave?nbsp;I get weird looks here for having DS rear facing still, it was difficult to find the right car seat, everyone here turns their babies at 6 months. I think that a year from now there is talk of a law being passed that they need to remain rear for longer.nbsp;
    I think they are truly misinformed about carseat safety. She'll do damn near anything that her pedi tells her to do, so I'm guessing her pedi didn't inform her about carseat safety. I wish more pedis would inform people on this issue!

The hospital included a sheet on car seat safety when we were discharged, but I wonder if it would be better for doctors to give them out at 6-month appointments when people have adjusted to life with a newborn.

• Options
    I had the same exact thing happen two days ago. I texted the wife and let her know the law says 1 year AND 20 lbs. She said she had no clue and she would turn him around. We have a playdate on Friday so we shall see if she actually listened. I don't get why people dont do their research. You are risking your child's life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    H told his bf about it. Bf's wife claims she asked her pedi about it because apparently he screams in the car if he's rf, and pedi said it was fine because he's 20lbs...

I don't believe that. That's horseshit.
  • Options
    .........????? Who ARE these people.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    imageJayandEmm:
    H told his bf about it. Bf's wife claims she asked her pedi about it because apparently he screams in the car if he's rf, and pedi said it was fine because he's 20lbs...

I don't believe that. That's horseshit.

Oh, it's totally fine to break the law as long as it shuts your baby up...
    .::facepalm:: WTF
  • Options

imageTula214:
    imageJayandEmm:
    H told his bf about it. Bf's wife claims she asked her pedi about it because apparently he screams in the car if he's rf, and pedi said it was fine because he's 20lbs... I don't believe that. That's horseshit.
    Oh, it's totally fine to break the law as long as it shuts your baby up... .::facepalm:: WTF

What ever Tula, her pedi said its ok. Ya know, because pedi's make the laws.....  ::major eye roll::

This would be a time where I would take Scouts advice. You tried to tell them and because they have a incompetent doctor for their son, they are KNOWINGLY putting their sons life in danger. I would also totally side eye and say something bout their choice in pedi, I mean if he's telling them to turn their son forward this early, what ever life threatening advice is he giving them? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    People are crazy! 5 years ago I knew lots of people that turned before one. For lame excuses like their legs are squished. I was the one that held out until 14 months or so.
    victoria5month samantha5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"