Parenting

Heaven help me.

DH is hanging things without measuring or leveling.  He's "eye-balling" it.  I'm getting twitchy.  He's getting cranky when I tell him something is crooked.  Ugh, just give me the drill.

Re: Heaven help me.

• It bothers me if it's way off, and there have been a few that were.  There was one thing he hung in our last house that was off center by several inches.  I picked my battles and asked him to rehang the crooked things in the rooms where other people would see.  The really off center thing was in our bathroom.  It bugged my for 6 years.  
  • imageSpooko:
    I have a really good eye for it, so it would bother me a lot if he was doing it crooked.

I do too, from hanging things in my classroom.  He is good at a whole lot of stuff, and can hang things straight too, but right now I think he just wants to be done.  I feel like a B for complaining when I'm just sitting here on the computer.  I'd hang it myself but it's a man thing for him. It's almost insulting if I do it, like I don't trust him to get around to it.   

• Loading the player...
  • On the flip the side, my DH is fanatical about using the level but our house isn't level so everything looks crooked and it drives me nuts.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageWhenigrowup:

imageSpooko:
    I have a really good eye for it, so it would bother me a lot if he was doing it crooked.

I do too, from hanging things in my classroom.  He is good at a whole lot of stuff, and can hang things straight too, but right now I think he just wants to be done.  I feel like a B for complaining when I'm just sitting here on the computer.  I'd hang it myself but it's a man thing for him. It's almost insulting if I do it, like I don't trust him to get around to it.   

Unplug part of the computer (switch around a few coords) say, "oh no! The computer's broken! D H, help! I was working on something REALLY important! Can you come fix the computer and I will work on hanging those silly pictures"

Then by the time he gets the wiring figured out, the pictures are done and you get to say, "well golly! How'd that happen?"
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageelmoali:
    On the flip the side, my DH is fanatical about using the level but our house isn't level so everything looks crooked and it drives me nuts.

Ha! Same here. Everything in our house is crooked so if something is hung straight, it looks off. It makes me crazy.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eyeballing only works if, you know, you're actually good at eyeballing things.
  • imageLittleFish1:
    imageWhenigrowup:

imageSpooko:

Unplug part of the computer (switch around a few coords) say, "oh no! The computer's broken! D H, help! I was working on something REALLY important! Can you come fix the computer and I will work on hanging those silly pictures" Then by the time he gets the wiring figured out, the pictures are done and you get to say, "well golly! How'd that happen?"

Awesome.  I will keep that in mind. 

• imageelmoali:
    On the flip the side, my DH is fanatical about using the level but our house isn't level so everything looks crooked and it drives me nuts.

Oh wow.  I guess we can't win! 

• This would drive me insane.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"