Breastfeeding

Supply increase success!

Woo hoo!  I had plugged ducts about 3-4 weeks ago that took forever to resolve and resulted in my supply completely TANKING.  I was barely making 2 ounces each time I pumped. 

Now, I'm making 5-6 ounces each time I pump!  I ended up getting Domperidone, Blessed Thistle, Mothers Milk Tea, Fenugreek, but I haven't had to take any of it yet.  I guess it'll be good to have on hand in case I have issues in the future.  I am eating oatmeal every day, so maybe that has helped?  I have also gone from pumping every 3 hours for 8 times/day to doing frequent 4-hour stretches.  For some reason that has helped, too (weird!).

Just a mini-celebration because this was stressing me out!!! 

Re: Supply increase success!

• Congratulations! I'm struggling with a clogged duct and nice to know there can be a rainbow at the end. I too, have been worried about my supply. You give me hope :
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagestephzrn:
    Congratulations! I'm struggling with a clogged duct and nice to know there can be a rainbow at the end. I too, have been worried about my supply. You give me hope :

I don't know if you BF or pump, but if you pump, the pump is less efficient at getting the milk out.  One thing I found that helps both the clogs AND my supply is massaging like crazy when I'm pumping.  I usually let the pump run for about 15 minutes while I'm working on my computer and then I start massaging and squeezing to get all the milk out.  Once all the milk seems like it's out, I let the pump run for about 3 more minutes.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I do pump. I normally do what you said. I'm sitting with a heating pad and will pump soon. Guess it just takes time but can be frustrating. I don't want to suppliment with formula.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"