1st Trimester

PAIN!!!

I'm 9 weeks and last night was the absolute worst. I threw up everything I had eaten in the past few hours and I thought it would end. Unfortunately my body continued up-chucking nothing but my stomach lining. It hurt so bad that I thought either I or the baby was not going to make it. I don't know if this is normal and I don't want to go to the hospital and be embarrassed if they tell me it is. Has anyone else experienced this EXTREME vomiting or is it solely me? I need answers....

Re: PAIN!!!

• Call you OB.

And if you think you need the ER, go. Don't worry about being embarrassed. Who cares if some ER doc thinks you're overreacting? You don't know him or her. If you need it, go. It's silly to stay home if you think you're dying.

image image
  • That's the thing.. I would've felt a world of comfort calling my OB who specializes in this but I recently moved and haven't gotten another yet. =-/
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKoya:
    That's the thing.. I would've felt a world of comfort calling my OB who specializes in this but I recently moved and haven't gotten another yet. =/

So call your old one or go to the ER. I don't understand being embarrassed. You do realize that at the end of the shift the nervous puking pregnant lady will be FAR from the most interesting or memorable case?

Again, if you think you're dying, go to the ER. Are you still puking? Still in pain? Dehydrated? Severe pain or dehydration would be an ER trip.

image image
  • I realize this. Look, this is my first child. I'm 19 and I'm trying to do this basically alone. It's not like my boyfriend has any clue what's going on either. I didn't come hear for judgement but for support. I'm no longer in any type of pain or discomfort which is why i wrote the post this morning to see if it was just really bad morning sickness or something I should be concerned about for the future.
  • I'm also working on getting another OB but I got to Atlanta friday night and sadly the office won't be open for me to schedule an appointment as a new patient until tomorrow. 
  • imageKoya:
    I realize this. Look, this is my first child. I'm 19 and I'm trying to do this basically alone. It's not like my boyfriend has any clue what's going on either. I didn't come hear for judgement but for support. I'm no longer in any type of pain or discomfort which is why i wrote the post this morning to see if it was just really bad morning sickness or something I should be concerned about for the future.

Puking a lot is fairly normal. Pain to the point where you think you're dying isn't normal. If you have a normal pain tolerance and are in severe pain, you need to do something. Also if you can't keep food or water down for 24 hours you need to go to the ER.

I'm sorry, but I cannot understand being worried you're dying but being too embarrassed to go to the ER. My husband is a doctor and sees patients all the time who'd have recovered more quickly or lived if they'd been seen sooner.

It's your health, and your baby's health now. That matters. Where was the pain? Some women have gall bladder issues while pregnant. You could've pulled a muscle from violently being sick. No one can tell you.

But if you think you're dying, go to the ER.

image image
  • My pain tolerance for throwing up isn't exactly normal. There were times before I was pregnant where i would throw up and the muscle contractions in my stomach would hurt so bad that it brought me to tears. 

The pain last night was in my throat and stomach. I tried drinking water/gingerale/eating saltine crackers and all 3 of them burned the entire way down. I then tried to suck on a preggie pop but the juice from that as well burned. This is what i meant by pain. I do apologize for not being more specific. 

• imageKoya:
    I realize this. Look, this is my first child. I'm 19 and I'm trying to do this basically alone. It's not like my boyfriend has any clue what's going on either. I didn't come hear for judgement but for support. I'm no longer in any type of pain or discomfort which is why i wrote the post this morning to see if it was just really bad morning sickness or something I should be concerned about for the future.

Wait wait wait, pump the brakes. Slow your roll. No one is judging you. They are giving you solid, very good advice. Call your old OB, or go to the ER if you are vomiting to the point where you can't even keep small sips of water down. That is a problem.

If you are no longer in pain then that is great, but remember to keep sipping the water (don't gulp). Eat what you can and in small portions through out the day. The key is not to get too empty or too full. Constant snacking with protein and sugar will help you manage the morning sickness. IF it gets so bad you can barely keep water you can get some medicines that can help you. That's all anyone was saying. 

Another tip to help you on these boards: Don't get defensive the minute someone insists you do something that is in your own best interest. No one was calling you stupid or implying you were stupid. They were giving you viable options to address your concern. There is no need to flip out, for realz.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm not flipping out. I don't understand why everyone felt as though I was so upset, I wasn't... I understand that I should've gone to the ER last night but now that it is over and I no longer have any of these symptoms... I was strictly concerned if it was something that was serious. I explained in my previous post that the pain was more of a burning. A really bad one! I didn't know if it was because of all the acids I had thrown up or something a bit more serious is all..
  • imageKoya:
    My pain tolerance for throwing up isn't exactly normal. There were times before I was pregnant where i would throw up and the muscle contractions in my stomach would hurt so bad that it brought me to tears.nbsp;nbsp;The pain last night was in my throat and stomach. I tried drinking water/gingerale/eating saltine crackers and all 3 of them burned the entire way down. I then tried to suck on a preggie pop but the juice from that as well burned. This is what i meant by pain. I do apologize for not being more
    specific.nbsp;

The burning sounds a bit like heartburn. Rinse with water after puking and take small sips of water.

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    imageKoya:
    My pain tolerance for throwing up isn't exactly normal. There were times before I was pregnant where i would throw up and the muscle contractions in my stomach would hurt so bad that it brought me to tears.nbsp;nbsp;The pain last night was in my throat and stomach. I tried drinking water/gingerale/eating saltine crackers and all 3 of them burned the entire way down. I then tried to suck on a preggie pop but the juice from that as well burned. This is what i meant by pain. I do apologize for not being more specific.nbsp;
    The burning sounds a bit like heartburn. Rinse with water after puking and take small sips of water.

Thanks, I will try this next time... 

• Indeed I did. Which still doesn't show how I was "flipping out". It's a general statement. Agree? 
  • imageKoya:

imageRondackHiker:
    imageKoya:
    My pain tolerance for throwing up isn't exactly normal. There were times before I was pregnant where i would throw up and the muscle contractions in my stomach would hurt so bad that it brought me to tears.nbsp;nbsp;The pain last night was in my throat and stomach. I tried drinking water/gingerale/eating saltine crackers and all 3 of them burned the entire way down. I then tried to suck on a preggie pop but the juice from that as well burned. This is what i meant by pain. I do apologize for not being more
    specific.nbsp;

Thanks, I will try this next time... 

Also, on nights like that, sit up and sleep in a upright position. Like in a recliner. Little nibbles, little sips.

image image
  • Thank you SOOO much. I was too focused on the burning to even think to sit up. I laid down in a fetal position most of the night, but now that I've gotten this advice I will definitely keep this in mind. =)
  • imageAFwifelife:

imageKoya:
    Indeed I did. Which still doesn't show how I was "flipping out". It's a general statement. Agree? 

No, I obviously don't agree because I also asked why you are thinking people are judging you.  Everyone was being nice and helping you (and still are).  By going off and saying that you came for support not judgement = flipping out for no reason.  You will only receive as much support as you give.  If you immediately start getting defensive and just wanting support not everyone will want to help you.  Prim and I were trying to explain that to you. 

If anybody is being rude or "flipping out" here, it's you. You're a whole lot more defensive or upset than I am. Please do not bring negativity to my post. If you didn't like one of my responses then simply do not post anymore. There's no need for all of this though. Thanks!

• Well all I'm asking is that YOU don't harrass me with nonsense that is not related to my initial post. 
  • imagecar seat:
    imageKoya:
    imageAFwifelife:

imageKoya:
    Indeed I did. Which still doesn't show how I was "flipping out". It's a general statement. Agree? 

No, I obviously don't agree because I also asked why you are thinking people are judging you.  Everyone was being nice and helping you (and still are).  By going off and saying that you came for support not judgement = flipping out for no reason.  You will only receive as much support as you give.  If you immediately start getting defensive and just wanting support not everyone will want to help you.  Prim and I were trying to explain that to you. 

If anybody is being rude or "flipping out" here, it's you. You're a whole lot more defensive or upset than I am. Please do not bring negativity to my post. If you didn't like one of my responses then simply do not post anymore. There's no need for all of this though. Thanks!

What is happening here? You're being defensive and you really don't need to be. Everyone was very kind and helpful. There's great advice in here and I hope you can get in with a new OB ASAP. Is there anyone who you can talk to for advice getting through this? 

No, there's nobody...which only makes this experience that much more stressful. Everyone WAS helpful and kind except for the person who continues writing me about things that aren't post related. I have however received some great advice and plan to use it next time I feel sick.  

• imageKoya:
    imageAFwifelife:

imageKoya:

Duuuude, this chick can't be helped.

Lost cause.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKoya:
    Well all I'm asking is that YOU don't harrass me with nonsense that is not related to my initial post. 

You need to calm down.  You most definitely did sound like you were freaking out and quickly became defensive. 

Also, this is a public forum and people can say whatever they want, regardless of whether or not it is related to your post.  PP was definitely NOT harassing you; she was trying to help and offered advice.

You may need to step away from the the bump for a bit.

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• I went to the ER with hyperemesis gravadium which is severe vomiting, and it sounds like you should do the same.
  • imageKoya:
    imageAFwifelife:

imageKoya:

Wow, you are here for one hot second and copping an attitude? Especially when people are being friggin' nice to you. What a peach! 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

imageVCGolfNYC:

imageKoya:
    Well all I'm asking is that YOU don't harrass me with nonsense that is not related to my initial post. 

You need to calm down.  You most definitely did sound like you were freaking out and quickly became defensive. 

Also, this is a public forum and people can say whatever they want, regardless of whether or not it is related to your post.  PP was definitely NOT harassing you; she was trying to help and offered advice.

Definitely agree. 

This Koya chick is way out of line towards AFwife. Seriously, way to flip out and act like a douche when no one was at all mean to you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Okay...if anyone gets this far without poking their eyes out it will be a miracle but here's my two cents.

You said you don't have an OB because you had to move or something. You can do a few things from here:

1)Go to the ER for care and ask them to point you in the right direction

2) Talk to any women in your new area you know and ask them where they go- even if it's a few moms you respect they can point you in a good direction. They will probably be more helpful to you since they are in your area and we're not sure where you live.

3)  If you are avoiding these things because you don't have insurance, I'm not sure exactly what to advise but I'm thinking that you could at least google your city and free prenatal care or something along that line to get started.

Come up with a plan to try to best take care of your situation, avoid getting into it with the ladies here. They have helpful information but please don't be flippant with them as it tends to not go over so well here. 

As far as the being sick- I don't have that issue but I do have really bad acid reflux and Tums does help me.  If you feel like your morning sickness (morning sickness can be any time of day despite it's name) was just that once you could be fine. If it regularly is that bad, when you see a Dr./OB eventually you can request Zofran which helps many women with moderate to severe morning sickness.  

Good luck with everything. 

January Siggy Challenge

Praying for our May15 baby!          January 2014- Welcome Sweet Kimber!
    image     image
  • imageAFwifelife:
    imagePrimRoseMama:

imageVCGolfNYC:

imageKoya:

Definitely agree. 

This Koya chick is way out of line towards AFwife. Seriously, way to flip out and act like a douche when no one was at all mean to you.

Seriously.  Here I was trying to be nice and she tells me I'm harassing her.  At least this didn't turn into a newbie pow-wow.

Not yet, but if you snark it they will come, LOL.
    Titanic - Wait  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Best advice I can give you, OP. Stop being a biitch.
  • imagebecca1216:
    Best advice I can give you, OP. Stop being a biitch.

Buwhahahaha! FTMFW! Yes

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Some of you disgust me!!!! I can't believe some of the things I've read. I didn't disrespect you all once and in return I'm called a "***" and "douche". I can't believe you. Smh
  • imageKoya:
    Some of you disgust me!!!! I can't believe some of the things I've read. I didn't disrespect you all once and in return I'm called a "***" and "douche". I can't believe you. Smh

You copped an attitude with people trying to help you, that's disrespectful. Even now you are freaking out and acting like a brat. For real, get a thicker skin or stay off the internet. You completely flipped out when no one was rude to you at all.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imagePrimRoseMama:

imageKoya:
    Some of you disgust me!!!! I can't believe some of the things I've read. I didn't disrespect you all once and in return I'm called a "***" and "douche". I can't believe you. Smh

You copped an attitude with people trying to help you, that's disrespectful. Even now you are freaking out and acting like a brat. For real, get a thicker skin or stay off the internet. You completely flipped out when no one was rude to you at all.  

Yup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"