3rd Trimester

What's in your overnight bag?

Starting to get my stuff together a month early....

Slippers
flip flops (shower)
toiletries
Pj's/bra/underwear
coming home outfit myself & baby
gum/mints
make-up bag
phone/camera

anything else?   

Re: What's in your overnight bag?

• I haven't packed mine yet but DH's is done lol  He works an hour and a half away from the hospital so if he's at work I don't want him to have to stop by the house to grab anything.

I do plan on putting the following items in mine :

toiletries (since I'm picky about my hair products)

slippers

PJ's that I don't care if they get ruined

a comfy maxi dress to go home in

powder and mascara... no sense in bringing a ton of make up since I know I won't feel like putting it on anyway

tablet and charger in case I'm in labor for a while. plus it can double as a camera so I'm not bringing a ton of things with me.

hand sanitizer for guests to use

breast pads and maxi pads  

I think that's it.... I always pack light for trips anyway so this seems sufficient

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe a towel of your own! When I was in the hospital they provided me with such a small one.
  • Loading the player...
  • just ask for extra towls that;s what I do
  • Lanolin!!!

Also change for the vending machine, snacks like Lara Bars, a power strip since I plan on having my phone and computer....hubby will be out of the country so I may need to charge while I talk since Face Time drains my battery and I'll probably be texting a lot.

Clean socks, extra pillow, robe.... 

Also, my flip flops were my "slippers".  I didn't wanna pack both this time since I didn't use them last time. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bring your chargers for everything (phone/cameras etc)

baby wipes ( unless you know for sure your hospital provides them.  Ours didn't)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • July 13 has a good sticky note on this
  • imageJM1226:

Slippers
    flip flops (shower)
    toiletries
    Pj's/bra/underwear
    gum/mints
    make-up bag
    phone/camera

anything else?   

im 31 weeks and when is a good time to actually start packing your hospital bag? i've made a list but haven't actually put my bag together. 

• oh and what are main things that i would need for myself and the baby?? i just wanna make sure i'm not packing any pointless things. thank you (:
  • imageveronicavpling:
    imageJM1226:

Slippers
    flip flops (shower)
    toiletries
    Pj's/bra/underwear
    gum/mints
    make-up bag
    phone/camera

anything else?   

im 31 weeks and when is a good time to actually start packing your hospital bag? i've made a list but haven't actually put my bag together. 

I think you could start packing an overnight bag for yourself at this point since you never know if you might get sick or have a complication that could put you in the hospital overnight before delivery.

Hawaii
  • imageveronicavpling:
    oh and what are main things that i would need for myself and the baby?? i just wanna make sure i'm not packing any pointless things. thank you (:

Look above for good suggestions. Typically the baby doesn't really need anything during the hospital stay except for an outfit to go home with. Our hospital, and most others, provide diapers, wipes, blankets, nasal syringes, hats, etc. 

Hawaii
  • imagesmilejenn:

imageveronicavpling:
    oh and what are main things that i would need for myself and the baby?? i just wanna make sure i'm not packing any pointless things. thank you (:

Look above for good suggestions. Typically the baby doesn't really need anything during the hospital stay except for an outfit to go home with. Our hospital, and most others, provide diapers, wipes, blankets, nasal syringes, hats, etc. 

awesome thank you(: i wasn't sure if there was any certain stuff i needed to bring. 

• Just snacks and headphones for my iPhone. I'll be listening to Hypnobirthing tracks.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSilv3rlining:
    imagemanditxg:
    I haven't packed mine yet but DH's is done lol nbsp;He works an hour and a half away from the hospital so if he's at work I don't want him to have to stop by the house to grab anything.nbsp;I do plan on putting the following items in mine :toiletries since I'm picky about my hair productsslippersPJ's that I don't care if they get ruineda comfy maxi dress to go home inpowder and mascara... no sense in bringing a ton of make up since I know I won't feel like putting it on anywaytablet and charger in case I'm in labor for a while. plus it can double as a camera so I'm not bringing a ton of things with me.hand sanitizer for guests to usebreast pads and maxi pads nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;I think that's it.... I always pack light for trips anyway so this seems sufficient
    The hospital will provide hand sanitizer and or soap and sink in each room for visitors to wash their hands. Also the hospital will provide you with maxi pads unless you prefer your own.

good to know. thanks! we are the first of our friends to have a baby so I'm learning these things as I go 

• imageTiffMarie07:
    July 13 has a good sticky note on this

I couldn't find it, where is it at?  All I saw at the top was the blog link.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • skioskio member
    What I used:

Birthing ball
    iHome and labor music
    Robe
    Chapstick
    Water bottle
    Phone charger
    Camera and charger
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Makeup
    Glasses
    Lanolin
    Underwear
    Nursing bra
    Breast pads
    Newborn sleeper for DD

Wore home maternity leggings and a tunic tank.

What I didn't use:

Slippers [wore my flops]
    Birth plan
    Hypnobirthing stuff book/papers
    Shower cap
    Ear buds
    Baby book [forgot to ask for feetprint]
    Hair dryer
    Flat iron
    iPad
    Yoga pants [too hot]
    Nursing tank
    Tucks pads [provided]
    Bathing suit top
    Labor snacks
    3m sleeper, onesies, mittens for DD [it was warm, and she fit better in the NB outfit]

A lot of the labor stuff I had planned to use [bathing suit for tub, shower cap for shower, hypnobirthing stuff, ear buds, birth plan] didn't get used because I showed up at the hospital in transition and at 9cm. I wasn't in any state to think logically about anything, lol. I wanted nothing to do with food or tub/shower, I just wanted baby out.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • In addition to what other people mentioned I brought numbers to call to notify my company/insurance that the baby was born to get him registered for insurance/notify them of the start of STD.  It was so much easier to do while in the hospital than once we got home and were on our own.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lurking from 0-3 months :-)

here's what I actually used 

clothes for me & extra clothes for DH

clothes of DS (coming home outfit and they used the extra onesies I brought while we were there) 

chapstick

camera

phone chargers

ipad

nursing tank

toiletries

pillow for me and one for DH

I think that was it...the hospital provided pads and those sexy mesh undies (which are actually very comfortable LOL)  

ETA: I should probably mention that I got an epidural an hour and a half after I got there and slept through 5cm-10cm 

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• imagecg0112358:

imageTiffMarie07:
    July 13 has a good sticky note on this

I couldn't find it, where is it at?  All I saw at the top was the blog link.

Go to the bottom of the page and change to 'last post date' and it will be at the top
  • for me, eye mask and ear plugs are a must. I cannot stand the beeping machines. 

I'm going to ask my hospital if I'm allowed a small air freshener in apple too.

NOTE: My twins will not be rooming in, so ear plugs won't change my ability to hear them 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"