August 2012 Moms

Small first birthday question

If you are doing a small guest list for LO's 1st birthday, what exactly are you doing? Are you just serving food, doing a cake smash and calling it a day?  

Re: Small first birthday question

• I should add that we most likely aren't having any other kids there and DD is immobile at this point, so there is no need to plan games or playtime activities. 
  • Besides his sister and his cousin, who will be 1 on the 3rd of Aug, the rest is adults. So cake smash, small foods, and talking. Nothing major.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As if right now it's me, my parents, and MIL. Dinner and mini cake smash.

A part of me wants to have 2 birthday parties so my inlaws will behave and might just do that. We shall see.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are doing little sandwiches, chips and dip, fruit and veggie trays and cake. The party is at 2 pm so I'm sure people won't be expecting a huge spread.

• I think the plan is to have the party on her birthday which is a weekday, and since I work, it will probably be after I get home. So we'll probably invite the family and a few friends, and grill and have the smash cake. I'll probably do invites, because I love doing that stuff. The cake will probably match the theme, and that's about it. We do lot's of family get-togethers, so this will just be like those except it's her birthday.
    Photobucket
  • Party is at 3:30, so we're having finger foods, cupcakes, and W will have his smash cake. There will be mostly adults, so no games or anything like that.

Eta: we're also getting a 30 pack of beer, so it's enough for each adult to have 2 beers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are doing smash cupcakes for the twins and ice cream cake for adults. Subs, chips, salads and beer and soda. Starts at 1, they nap at 2:30. The party is more for us really!
  • We are having it in my parents yard so Charlotte can crawl around while everyone else plays bags and ladder ball.

Menu will be something on the grill, fruit, and pasta salad.  I'm making cupcakes for dessert - Charlotte's will have a 1 candle.

I guess if people want us to, we will open gifts at the party.  I'm not sure if that is traditional here or not! 

• imageMrsWhipple:
    We are doing little sandwiches, chips and dip, fruit and veggie trays and cake. The party is at 2 pm so I'm sure people won't be expecting a huge spread.

Same for us, except our party is at 11 am.  Plus mimosas and beer if anyone is interested. 

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • I've done nothing to plan a party yet! There's no other kids to invite so it'll just be us and maybe 4 or 6 friends. I was thinking picnic, beer and cake. DD can have a piece of cake to smash. If I procrastinate this long enough, we'll probably do absolutely nothing. Just take a photo or two for Facebook.

We have no friends with kids so kid birthday parties are not a thing in our social circle. I need some rl mom friends!
  • Just family, and yes we'll probably just do food & cake & hang out.  The only other kids there will be DS and my 2 nieces (4 and 2).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think we will be doing lunch (taco bar) and cake. We are leaving the present opening up to DD's nap schedule. If she is doing okay we will do the present opening while everyone is there, but if she is melting down I'm not going to push her to stay awake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"