August 2013 Moms

Diarrhea of the Mouth Vent/Rant

I am so tired of dumb comments!!! Yesterday I was asked, "are you sure you're not having twins?" And someone else said, "you're about ready to pop." Okay, I'm 33 weeks and I can still see my feet. I think I'm doing pretty good. But the all time worst thing people say is that my daughter is going to be spoiled and "wrapped around my husband's finger." And other crap like that. Saying that she is going to play us against each other. Why would you wish discord on someone's household. I just don't get it. People just need to think before they speak. No one wants to hear that garbage.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diarrhea of the Mouth Vent/Rant

• You're always going to get unwanted comments and opinions. They will get worse when baby is born and people tell you how to parent.

Learn to ignore them.

• You're right. That's what I'm trying to do. My husband just laughs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My grandmother said that she isn't sure how I'm gonna make it to the end of August cause my belly looks big and she doesn't think I have much room left for LO... Oh well. I have gotten to not even care anymore about the random comments.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMommyAmes2:
    You're always going to get unwanted comments and opinions. They will get worse when baby is born and people tell you how to parent.

Learn to ignore them.

This exactly.. It'll get much worse when your LO is here! Just smile and move on
  • I hear you and it's tough to learn to ignore but it's necessary. I got to the point at work I just avoided people who said dumb things- I think it's their way if having a conversation. 

Hang in there! 

image image
  • I absolutely hate when people are negative and give those "oh you just wait" comments. This is a beautiful time for us pregnant women and I know that you will be just fine. What will be will be just because something happened to them DOES NOT mean that it will happen to you. Enjoy your beautiful daughter and embrace whatever comes your way. If issues arise you deal with them, just like everything else in life but don't feel like you should go into this expecting those things to happen. Relax and have a total blast:)
  • imagesftbllstr87:
    imageMommyAmes2:
    You're always going to get unwanted comments and opinions. They will get worse when baby is born and people tell you how to parent.

Learn to ignore them.

This exactly.. It'll get much worse when your LO is here! Just smile and move on

Hard to smile and move on. I use to smile but now I speak my mind. Just got fed up.
  • imageMommyAmes2:

Learn to ignore them.

This.

At this point how many of us are not getting rude comments?

Ignore.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"