August 2012 Moms

1st birthday gifts?

I ended up getting them the FP laugh and learn Door that my friends all raved about. Although I want to give it to them early so they can crawl through it. Haha then I got my son a Little people helicopter and my daughter the LP Wonder Woman plane which my husband put near basement door to bring down and said they have no clue and who crawled over and started playing with them! My goal is to make them first year books, gotta get busy on Shutterfly. What are you all doing? And I completely understand nothing at all bc they are one, this is just so they have things to try and open at their party.

Re: 1st birthday gifts?

• They are getting their playroom actually becoming a playroom. We've bought a chair for my step grandma to sit in, a canvas dinosaur pic to hang on the wall, and a dinosaur curtain. We are going to be buying toy boxes or containers of some sort and putting dinosaur decals on the walls. I'm really excited about it! Oh and a baby gate to keep them in lol.

They will have a Chica to open at their party. The love Chica on Sprout!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageks3pink:
    They are getting their playroom actually becoming a playroom. We've bought a chair for my step grandma to sit in, a canvas dinosaur pic to hang on the wall, and a dinosaur curtain. We are going to be buying toy boxes or containers of some sort and putting dinosaur decals on the walls. I'm really excited about it! Oh and a baby gate to keep them in lol.

They will have a Chica to open at their party. The love Chica on Sprout!

Love it!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going to be practical and boring, Mina is getting a convertible car seat!
    She will get spoiled by her grandparents so we aren't overly concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sosophsosoph member
    Big gifts are so hard for the second since we're reusing those items from our first. And, half their Christmas gifts are still in a closet to play with "later in the year. We started a wooden train (bigjigs) set for him at Christmas, which we'll add to. A cozy coupe police car, the little people school bus, finger paint, books
  • imageReilly626:
    I ended up getting them the FP laugh and learn Door that my friends all raved about. Although I want to give it to them early so they can crawl through it. Haha then I got my son a Little people helicopter and my daughter the LP Wonder Woman plane which my husband put near basement door to bring down and said they have no clue and who crawled over and started playing with them! My goal is to make them first year books, gotta get busy on Shutterfly. What are you all doing? And I completely understand nothing at all bc they are one, this is just so they have things to try and open at their party.

What is the laugh an learn door?
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • A play guitar, Melissa and Doug puzzles, and maybe a couple of board books. Grandparents are giving him plenty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far, we've got LO:

- a wooden train that spells his name https://www.amazon.com/toys-games/dp/B000HEODFC

- Little People Pirate Ship https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-little-people-pirate-ship/-/A-10235566#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=little+people+pirate

We'll probably just stop there. I'm sure he'll get plenty more toys from his grandparents. (And I'm kind of hoping they get him something big, like a wagon or tricycle.) And he already has a ton of toys anyway.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bike helmet and bike trailer.  DH has recently gotten back into cycling, so I think this is more of a belated gift for me, as in DH can take G for an hour and I'll get some peace and quiet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SM0524SM0524 member
    imagemeredithcole:
    Every time we decide what to get him for his bday, another family member says "oh we bought him that already" so we're back at square one. I keep yelling at DH that ppl need to stop stealing our gift ideas bc we're the parents and should get him the best gift. So far our ideas of a riding toy and a push toy have been stolen. I'm hoping no one else gets him a water table, or I might need to crack some skulls. Sorry, that was a bit of a rant.

The same thing keeps happening to us!
  • She's getting a Wheely Bug riding toy, Zany Zoo Cube, wooden toy from Etsy, and a few stuffed animals and books.
  • Sand and water table from us. Not sure what anyone else will be getting her!
  • That laugh and learn door is AMAZING. My sistet had it for her twins. They got it around their 1st birthday. They just turned 2 , and still love it.
  • imageTula214:
    That laugh and learn door is AMAZING. My sistet had it for her twins. They got it around their 1st birthday. They just turned 2 , and still love it.

So happy to hear! It's not cheap! Haha
    Here's link for person who asked
    https://m.fisherprice.com/en_US/m/brands/babytoys/products/30446
  • amaiteamaite member
    Probably a membership to the children's museum.
  • We got DS a strider bike and a helmet. My little dirt bike rider in the making :

Eta: grandparents are getting him the cozy truck and the my sister for him a huge push around dump truck from target.
  • imageMegispreg:
    She's getting a Wheely Bug riding toy, Zany Zoo Cube, wooden toy from Etsy, and a few stuffed animals and books.

We love the zany zoo cube! 

ETA: We are probably getting her a wagon. GM is getting her a water table, and one of her aunts may be getting her a Bitty Baby.  

• Nothing from us. We're cheap. But this made me realize I need to come up with some ideas for when our families inevitably ask. We suggested books for DS's first birthday so we may just say the same thing. Or some girly toys... we have none of those yet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"