February 2013 Moms

Sleepy mama wants to cry

I am soooo tired of my little one STILL waking every 2 hours at night and then up for the day at 5:30 am. The longest stretch we have ever gotten is 4 hours and that was literally months ago. When I'm honest with myself, I know he going to need some version of CIO eventually but neither one of us is emotionally ready for that at this point (he is only 4.5 months). I am REALLY hoping my boy works things out for himself so we don't have to go there. (That is totally possible right?! RIGHT?!?). I have pretty much adapted to this crazy schedule but this morning I am just straightup SAD. Waaaaaaaaah. 

Not really looking for advice. Just wanting a place to lay out my complaints. I remember when I was preg I was all "my baby will be so chill and love sleep and yadda ya. I just know it!!" HAHA I was so wise. I've never consumed more coffee in my life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleepy mama wants to cry

• We have tinkered with some sleep training methods but they all have resulted in a extremely sad/angry screaming baby. I read tons of literature on the subject but just havent found anything that "fits" for us yet. At this point, i would really rather soothe him, which is why i really try not to complain too much about lack of sleep. I have one of those kids who gets more worked up rather than tuckered out. Like, gaspy screams. I just don't have the heart for it. I really believe that things will get better as he gets older. This is either my mothers instinct OR the naivety of a ftm.

• imageDC2London:

I'm sorry :(

I know you weren't looking for advice, but I just wanted to say that there are several sleep coaching methods that aren't CIO.  (((hugs))) sorry hon. 

We have tinkered with some sleep training methods but they all have resulted in a extremely sad/angry screaming baby. I read tons of literature on the subject but just havent found anything that "fits" for us yet. At this point, i would really rather soothe him, which is why i really try not to complain too much about lack of sleep. I have one of those kids who gets more worked up rather than tuckered out. Like, gaspy screams. I just don't have the heart for it. I really believe that things will get better as he gets older. This is either my mothers instinct OR the naivety of a ftm.

• Loading the player...
  • Check out nurshable.com. it's not sleep training, but I find ot to be a helpful resource for my nonSttn baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know you weren't looking for advice but we just trained with ferber a week and it was hands down the best decision we have ever made. Our LO cried for 20 mins the first night and has not cried since, I *** you not! Our LO was the same age yours is and it was the perfect time, I know as they get older it gets tougher. I'm by no means pushing you to do this but all those horror stories just weren't the case for us
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  •  We are up every 1-2 hours all night long.  My first was that way too.  It is exhausting.  I also have kids who get more worked up rather than exhausted.  I just suck down the coffee all day long and keep going.  These are the kids who probably will have to be drug out of bed when they are teenagers.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"