Stay at Home Moms

Crazy 8?

I don't have anything of theirs. Are the clothes nice and soft?  I like jumping beans a lot.  Are the clothes anything like that?  Honestly I buy almost everything from consignment so I don't shop in stores much!  I would really like to get a bunch of tshirts and gym shorts for him.  We're good with nicer clothes so I want some stuff for him to just romp in and he is getting waaaay dirtier these days!  Thanks!! (he's in 3T if that matters at all.
TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crazy 8?

• DochasDochas member
    by "nicer" I meant collared shirts and dressier shorts.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DochasDochas member

Thank you!  That sounds good.  The older he gets the less there is available at consignment because they just wreck their clothes.  I'm not too stuffy about labels but I don't want thin and cheap either.  He has a bunch of plaid shorts but somehow we don't have any plain shirts to go with them.  Ugh - I am going to have to start actually going to stores and shopping. LOL

On another note - aren't they just beautiful and wonderful? He looks good in everything. :)

• Loading the player...
  • I like them. We have an outlet store about 30 minutes away and I've found really cute stuff there for pretty cheap (I bought a Christmas sweater on the clearance rack there for DS last month, lol). DS also wears a lot of Jumping Bean and I find them pretty comparable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Jumping Beans but I think they are pretty low quality compared to Crazy 8.  I feel like JB runs small, fades, shrinks- etc.  I've bought my kids a few things from Crazy 8.  The quality is really good and they hold up so nicely.  They really are more like Gymboree in my opinion. 

This is DS1 and DD in Easter outfits 2 years ago.  Ds still fits into that shirt :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Love Crazy 8 and like PP said, they're having a great sale right now!  I picked up 9 pieces for my boys today and it came to $50.  My oldest has never worn through any of their clothes and I've saved all of them for DS2 because they're still in such fantastic condition.  I much prefer Crazy 8 to Old Navy and Jumping Beans.  I've never had anything shrink either but everything we have from Old Navy I end up buying 2 sizes bigger than I need because it shrinks on the first wash.

Crazy 8 is Gymboree's "sister" store....same style but a bit cheaper and they usually have better sales.   

• My favorite thing about Crazy 8 is that they always have cute outfits.  By that I mean they have the shirt to match the shorts and then have matching socks or tights and sometimes shoes.  It is great for pictures because you can go in and get a whole matching little set.  

I think they run a little small though.  May just be my dd.  She is only 2 and in 3t and sometimes those are a little small.  

They run great sales too and have coupons.  

• I really like it. Cute and affordable. There's a lot less "baby" patterns for toddlers than say ON and Children's Place.

Everything I have has come through the wash amazing. I've never known them to be scratchy/rough/low quality/whatever but it's something I just can't get worked about in kid's clothes. They only wear them a season. They get slime all over them. They're cheap. WTH cares, you know?

And I'm the odd one out. Crazy 8 and Gymboree both run big on my kid and she's a perfectly average toddler all around. Wears a 2T usually but it's long and a bit baggy in Crazy 8 stuff.

• My mom owns a children's consignment shop and I was just asking her about this brand yesterday (was looking online after Hav posted about it).  She said she gets a lot of it and would say that's lower end but well-made.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I am a children's clothes snob and DS has tons of crazy 8. I love their madras print shorts with polos. Those are his staples. We get comments all the time about how cute his clothes are. They wear and wash incredibly well!
  • imageAndrewsgal:
    I am a children's clothes snob and DS has tons of crazy 8. I love their madras print shorts with polos. Those are his staples. We get comments all the time about how cute his clothes are. They wear and wash incredibly well!

Couldn't find any daygowns. Sad What kind of store is that??

LOL

Their girl stuff is a lot cuter than their boy stuff, but I hate boy clothes, so that's to be expected from me.  

• imageamy052006:
    If you are just looking for gym type roll around in the dirt clothes --- I really like ON and the ever popular Circo from target.

I love Circo at Target! 

• imageAimeeL85:
    My mom owns a children's consignment shop and I was just asking her about this brand yesterday (was looking online after Hav posted about it).  She said she gets a lot of it and would say that's lower end but well-made.

It would be my dream is my mom owned a store like that! I could get rid of all these clothes!! 

• I think their clothes are the same quality as Gymboree. I let her play and stuff in them, but if I really don't care about her getting dirty, I put her in Osh Kosh or Old Navy. Or Target's Circo brand.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • For clothes to basically romp around in and play and get dirty, I would go cheaper then Crazy 8 but their quality seems good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"