1st Trimester

Sad Post

I just read a post further down where somebody is writing that she is 8 weeks preg and she just found out she has got thyroid cancer. This is so incredibly sad and difficult to deal with. It's so important to always count out blessings when all is well!! All those aces and pains suddenly seem to be relatively nothing compared to someone seriously ill! I am wishing this brave woman and her family only the very very best . And I hope they come out of it happy and healthy with a little baby !!! Xxx

Re: Sad Post

• Why did this need a new post?  You couldn't tell her your thoughts for her in her post without putting her difficult situation on blast?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EsthiEsthi member
    imageLollyLawlz:
    Why did this need a new post?nbsp; You couldn't tell her your thoughts for her in her post without putting her difficult situation on blast?nbsp;
    she asked for medical advise which I can't give her since I am not a doc . you can bash me,shout at me, wish me.....if you want .... But I had zero intention to hurt anyone . The world would just be a better place if people would not always be so aggressive . And maybe for once just for once be a little kind to one an other ?? even though its all anonymus ...Had i put here some horrible post, that's one thing . But even if you have a different opinion which you are totally entiteld to, could you not use a bit a softer tone. ?? And I am going to finish off with saying to all of you that I never in the world wanted to hurt her , and if my post was a mistake I apologise . And again many hugs and all my love and good thoughts to you .
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow this forum is so damn bitchy. Ugh! It's obvious you meant no harm by your post. Ignore haters!
  • EsthiEsthi member
    imageAFwifelife:

imageGB30:
    Wow this forum is so damn bitchy. Ugh! It's obvious you meant no harm by your post. Ignore haters!

love that guy !! Lets just all live in peace and leave the few odd ones out !
  • Trying to find the original post my mom had thyroid cancer when she was pregnant with me and I think I am relatively ok!
    She was able to have a second baby who was also healthy
    She had the thyroid removed and takes a synthetic medication to do the job of the thyroid.

Hang in their OP!
  • I'd also like it if someone could point out the post. A friend was diagnosed with a different kind of cancer while pregnant and had to go through chemo. All cancers are different but if she faces chemo while pregnant it might reassure her to know my friend's little boy was born a month early and had few complications.

image image
  • imagecar seat:
    I found it for everyone who'd like to help her:https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/75064461/ShowThread.aspx75064461nbsp;I think it's great that there are ladies here with some knowledge of this who might be able to help her. lt;3nbsp;

Thanks!

image image
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageEsthi:
    imageAFwifelife:

imageGB30:
    Wow this forum is so damn bitchy. Ugh! It's obvious you meant no harm by your post. Ignore haters!

love that guy !! Lets just all live in peace and leave the few odd ones out !

So you advocate stupidity being allowed to run rampant? 

ILY GM

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• imageLollyLawlz:

Why did this need a new post?  You couldn't tell her your thoughts for her in her post without putting her difficult situation on blast?

YesYes 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• imagecar seat:

OP, this is what's known as 'tragedy whoring' around here. I didn't see the OP and you didn't even point out which thread this was about or who the woman is, so there's no way for any of us to go throw her some more support, which would be the only excuse for something like this (and still wouldn't be appropriate). Who knows if she'll even see this, or would even open it? That makes this thread and this woman's story about you and your feelings, and that's not fair to her. What's happening to her is simply not about you, so it's not appropriate for you to make it that way. (And please don't argue that that's not what you're doing. You may not have intended to do that, but that's exactly what you've done.) Her pain isn't here to be your life lesson or your platform to give other people life lessons.

We don't need to make new threads about other people's hardships. It's just inappropriate and that's why people are objecting to this thread. Please don't make other people your poster children for how you think people should live and feel. It's not okay.

God, I love you so much. Tragedy Wh0ring is so obnoxious.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This would break my heart. You're right Esthi- hopefully all will come out ok and we should count our blessings for sure! I'm glad you wrote this post. I would have never seen the original. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"