October 2012 Moms
Options

Moving is SOOO much worse with a baby!

mobile: Moving is SOOO much worse with a baby!

Can I just vent really quick?  

Moving is already annoying enough.  But wow, add a baby in the equation and it's tiring!  Today is day 1 of our move and I am exhausted!  I felt so bad for my LO because he hardly was able to nap (understandably) so he was just cranky and getting him to sleep for the night was really tough just now due to how overtired he was.  (He's also teething again too.)  Tomorrow hopefully will be better for him - I think my parents volunteered to take him during the moving process.  It would give me and DH a break to concentrate on the move and our pets!

Ok, vent done!

Re: Moving is SOOO much worse with a baby!

• Options
    Dude I cannot even imagine moving with DS. I have a hard time peeing with him in the house haha. You are a beast and I hope it pays off and you guys are happy in the new place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are moving soon too. I plan on having my Dad take Elijah since he is waiting on back surgery and can't do anything else to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just moved about a month ago. It's not easy. Fortunately we had some good friends and relatives come round to be baby wranglers for a little while. Can I just mention we STILL have boxes to unpack! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are starting the moving process also!  UGH!!!  DS is constantly being needy while I'm trying to pack boxes!!  What's worse is that we're moving 2 hours away so we'll have to take quite a few trips before we're settled.  So yeah, I know how much it sucks!

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:
    We are going through the same thing right now.nbsp; We moved crosscountry last August and everyone thought that must be awful, but it was CAKE compared to moving ten minutes away with K right now.nbsp; She is getting way overtired and it doesn't help that it is hot as hell this weekend, and our bedrooms are on the third floor.nbsp; We went out and bought a window A/C unit today which works wonders on the middle main floor, but doesn't work upstairs.nbsp; It's 83 degrees up there right now, I feel so bad for K. :And for me.

You mentioned buying a house... Is that where you moved?!
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yea we did it in April. House hunting and then selling our condo was a huge pain, especially with people coming to view the condo all day and when LO was trying to nap. Never again!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LorMorLorMor member
    Sheesh, we moved when I was pregnant and crippled and that was no fun, but I still think moving with busy 8 month old would be worse!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are about to do this in a couple weeks :-/ I am not looking forward to it. Our current plan is to hire movers and take the day off so we can move on a weekday when Henry is in daycare. Hopefully that will make things a little bit easier for us. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Don't remind of this! We are moving next week! We already had to pack up our stuff and put it in storage while LO was 6 months old. Thankfully our stuff is stored and that part is taken care of, but we still have a 17 hour drive and LO was NOT happy when we did this drive about 2 months ago! DH and I are making the drive in the evening and through the night so it will be a little easier, but since we will be towing our other SUV, DH says he doesn't want me driving. There's no way he will be able to drive all of that, then unpack everything without sleeping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"