March 2014 Moms

When Are You Telling?

With Sunny, we told our parents at 5 weeks and very close friends and siblings at 6 weeks.  It was very early, I know, but we were just too excited not to share the news.  MH wants to tell our parents tomorrow at brunch.  I do too, but sheesh, I am not even 4 weeks yet, so I am hesitant.  If we do tell them, we will tell just them and tell the rest at Sunny's 1st birthday party ( I will be almost 7 weeks at that point).  So when do you plan on sharing your news?

Re: When Are You Telling?

• We're planning on telling my side of the family on our first night of vaca with them when I'll be 8 weeks. I have my first dr appt right before vaca so fingers crossed everything goes well!

We plan on telling my husband's fam around 12 weeks and then we'll start telling friends. We would tell my husband's fam sooner but I know his mom wouldn't be able to keep it a secret! Haha
  • I'll probably tell my sister this week I'll be 5.5 weeks and the rest of my and DH's family after my 10week appointment when I'll hear the heartbeat and have an ultrasound.
    I'll probably tell work and friends sometime after 12 weeks.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've told most of our family already. And don't tell MH, but I've told some of my friends.
    I plan to tell more extended family if our first appt is good and I'll be 8 weeks by then.
    Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My parents know just because I am very close to my mother... My in laws will know once we have our 8 week appointment and hear the heart beat because my MIL has a 'loud' mouth... We will officially announce at 12 week to my boss and FB. 
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• We don't plan to share our news until after the NT scan around 12 weeks so after 1st trimester. We just moved to a new place and have no family/friends here so that makes things easier. We will be visiting a whole bunch of family and friends in mid-August and I will be 10 weeks around that time, so we may get cornered. We usually drink socially and and will be attending 2 wedding events so I think that people will be suspicious when I'm not drinking. It is also my 2nd child so I expect that I may show a bit earlier this time around, but I'm hoping that I can hide it until we are ready to share!
  • My mom already knows.  We will tell close friends/family at 8 weeks after our first sono, and then tell everyone else after the NT scan at 12 weeks.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is going to be difficult, but we hope to keep it from our families until after we've heard the heartbeat. From there, will tell a few of our closer friends around 9 weeks, and then probably go public via social media after the first tri. I'm missing one of my best friend for lunch on Monday after my appointment and I'm debating whether or not I should tell her. I've kept her up to date on everything so far so I can't imagine keeping this from her! I just won't tell DH that she knows :

BFP#1 6/27/13  EDD 3/5/14  MC 7/16/13
    BFP#2 11/25/13  EDD 8/4/14

It's a BOY!

Baby Blog

BabyFetus Ticker

• We are waiting to tell immediate family until after the first ultrasound at 6 weeks, friends after 8 week ultrasound,and then will be more open about it second tri.
    TTC #1 as of Feb. 2013
    BFP on Mar. 4, 2013, DX with MMC (blighted ovum) at 8 weeks, D&C
    TTC again as of May 2013
    BFP on June 24, 2013, EED March 12, 2014
    Diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, heterozygous MTHFR and positive for ANA

GROW BABY, GROW!
    BabyFruitTicker
  • jjt616jjt616 member
    We are so super close with our families so my parents, brother and SIL, DHs parents, brother, sister and my two best friends know. We will probably share with the rest of our families and friends in a couple weeks/ after our first dr appt

• Well being a surrogate is different, I cant really tell anyone until my IP's give the go ahead.
  • We told our parents and MH sister yesterday. Today I make 5 weeks but don't plan to tell anyone else until I go to the dr!
  • We've already told both sets of parents, my sister, and DH's brother.  We'll be making it "Facebook official" after the first U/S at 9 weeks.
  • With our last two pregnancies we told our families right away--and were grateful for the support when we had a miscarriage with our first. This time we're waiting a little longer, mostly because SIL just had a baby on Friday and we don't want to steal their thunder. I guess we'll tell them after the first u/s in a couple of weeks--and even if we wanted to wait longer I don't think that will work because I'm already sporting an embarrassingly obvious blump. We have told a few friends who've been over for dinner because I didn't want to bother lying about why I wasn't drinking, but we won't fully go public until either after 1st tri or I really can't hide it.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The BIL's know. They live with us and also DH told 2 of his best friends. He has a hard time keeping his mouth shut. Side eye. We've decided that I will go back to work during the pregnancy so I will tell my boss upfront. We will tell MIL once I get the jobshe worries too much.

We plan on telling the rest of the family at our son's 2nd birthday party. I'll be around 11 weeks then. We will probably make it FB official this day as well.
  • First time around we told everyone as soon as we knew, too excited to keep it a secret! This time we want to keep it a secret until I'm 15 weeks which will be in sept when we go visit family. We live 1800kms away from everyone. Makes it easier not to tell!
  • I told my mom who immediately went home and texted everyone she knew. We haven't really told all of our friends but a couple know. We still need to tell the ILs, but my H wants to do it in person and we aren't visiting for a while.

I don't like formal announcements though. I would rather people found out second hand and skipped all the gushy dramatics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"