High-Risk Pregnancy

I cheated... on my gd diet. :(

So i've been going over high at almost every single meal eating exactly from the plan. I haven't had any sweets and I loooove sweets. I've had a rough day and caved. I didn't go for the worst sweets I could but I cheated... at 2 snacks today. Numbers didn't get any higher, but it didn't help them go down either. But what the heck, they don't go down when I eat nothing sweet either.

I'm going crazy. I find myself crying every day over this stupid crap! Isee that some people can have ice cream and stuff in moderation and their levels don't go over. I can't even do that. I'm so jealous of you guys. :( 

So even if I don't eat any sweets at all I will most likely be put on meds at my next appointment. Hey, then can I have a little sweets? lol. It sucks. My husband's birthday just past and I felt bad for him because he CHOSE to not get cake and ice cream because of me. Then here comes 4th of July. Then my birthday. Then our daughters. ARG! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I cheated... on my gd diet. :(

• Sorry things aren't going well. I am IUGR as well as GD. I was told to eat more carbs and they will medicate if needed. Good Luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't beat yourself up for needing Meds. At first I was super bummed and tried everything to not have to but then obviously couldn't fudge my numbers. The insulin is actually easier than the finger pricks!

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe this is a silly question... but, have you tried that gum called "dessert delights" it's made by extra. They have many different flavors.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Out of curiosity what do your meals look like through out the day?
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • I am sorry.

I also can't have any sweets. It is only for a little while and it is important to the health of the baby and yourself.

It took me about two weeks to figure out what I was doing and to feel competent. Those first few weeks were filled with tears. Tears because I felt like I was failing my innocent son, trapped in my body.

Just keep trying. experiment with different foods.

Lots of protein, whole wheats and lots of fiber. You can do it.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • imagecinderin:

I also can't have any sweets. It is only for a little while and it is important to the health of the baby and yourself.

It took me about two weeks to figure out what I was doing and to feel competent. Those first few weeks were filled with tears. Tears because I felt like I was failing my innocent son, trapped in my body.

This exactly for me. 

I can't eat ANYTHING outside of the diet, no sweets, nothing sugary, no soft drinks, not even much fruit. My numbers were constantly up even eating the most basic foods and I have just had to accept that for me, GD is a nasty beast. 

I am now on insulin, just to control my numbers while eating the most BORING of foods, but that's the way it is for me. 

I would rather that than all the frustration and tears I had over letting my baby girl down, and not being able to control what my body was doing, for her. 

And I agree, insulin is actually easier to administer than the finger pricks. I doubted it when my physician said so, but after bruising my poor fingers for 3 weeks, a quick jab in my chub ; ) doesn't hurt at all. 

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"