Trying to Get Pregnant

yello to everyone. newbie here! seeking advice/info about starting Clomid

Just wanted to say hi to all. This site was recommended to me by a friend, and am finding it very informative. My DH and I are TTC baby 2 since September 2012 and are having a lot more difficulty than with baby 1. First time we were hardly even trying and got pregnant right away. Starting to think we were just extremely lucky! My periods have always been irregular all my life coming every 23 months and never took BC to help regulated. Just recently in May, I had a month long period, and prior to that my last period was in November 2012. Went to OB/Gyn in the 10th, and wants me to start Clomid this coming Monday, but I'm not sure that is the right thing to do. He determined I was aNovulatory, but didn't determine a cause. Is it PCOS, blocked. Tubes, or whacked out hormones? That would be nice to know! Did a pap and drew TSH/FSH all back normal. I would like to know why he would just suggest clomid without going further to determine my IF cause then suggesting steps for treatment. Also did not mention using US to monitor me during the course of clomid, just checking progesterone. Agree researching here many mention it should not be used w/o monitoring or without an RE. I guess I'm just seeking advice and voicing frustrations of how can something possibly be treated if the cause isn't determined? Thanks for reading and any comments/advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: yello to everyone. newbie here! seeking advice/info about starting Clomid

• I am 29, so I'm not too concerned yet about not getting pregnant just yet, especially since my periods are silly irregular. He totally dismissed that it couldnt be my husband since we got pregnant the first time, but that was almost 3 years ago. Things do change! Buy like you said it's impossible to treat if it's but known exactly what the problem is without going through proper channels to diagnose. Thanks for your feedback. Makes me feel better about my instincts and reasoning:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"