Baby Names

Need some help!

Third child, first boy, due in a few weeks.

Debating between Aurelius (likely will nickname Ari) and Alaric.  

Middle names we're playing around with:  Lenox (a special place to my husband and I),  Lorcan (means "fierce", I was diagnosed with cancer during pregnancy), and Joshua, my husband's name.  

Which first name do you respond to better?  Do you like any of the middle names with it?  Any other middle name suggestions?

I lurk here constantly, but have never posted.  I hope it's okay to ask for help the first post! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Need some help!

• What are your other kids names?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!

My vote is for Aurelius Joshua.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm, oddly I like both.  Aurelius reminds me of some Roman god.  I like Aurelius Lorcan and Alaric Lenox together.  But that's just me .... I think Joshua (and no offense to your hubby) is too plain for these 2 uncommon names.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• The girls are Gretchen and Cordelia.

My husband is not one who *has* to have his name on a son... I was just trying to think of ideas that meant something. 

• +ASH++ASH+ member
    I like Alaric - and it fits with your girls' names nicely!
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • I prefer Alaric

I don't think Lenox or Lorcan work with either name, as it's too many Ls for me. So i'd go with Joshua by default

• imagemj.reilly:
    imageDr.Loretta:

I prefer Alaric

I don't think Lenox or Lorcan work with either name, as it's too many Ls for me. So i'd go with Joshua by default

This.

Totally open to middle name suggestions.  I don't think any of the three flow that well, honestly with either first name. 

• Both names are kind of out there for me, but I vote Aurelius just because I really like the nn Ari. 

Middle names aren't used that often so I would say Aurelius Lenox.

Btw- I'm sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis! I wish you and the baby the best! 

• ==N====N== member
    Love love love your girls names. I also really like Ari for a boy and think it stands fine on its own.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image==N==:
    Love love love your girls names. I also really like Ari for a boy and think it stands fine on its own.

You think? I adore Ari but feel it's so unsubstantial. 

• I like just ari. Ari Joshua. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"