July 2012 Moms
Options

4th of July?

I'm curious what everyone's plans are for the 4th of July. Particularly, the rest of you poor folk who don't have a boat or lake house to go to. Last year we were in the hospital with a newborn so I was looking forward to seeing some fireworks this year. The local university does a great fireworks show, but I'm afraid that the noise will scare Taylor and we'll have to go home. I doubt going by ourselves is an option b/c we'll be hard pressed to find a sitter on a holiday. We were thinking of just getting some sparklers and having our own mini celebration in the back yard, but man that sounds so lame lol. So, what are everyone's plans? Do you think it would be unwise to bring a 1 year old to watch fireworks?

Re: 4th of July?

• Options
    imagehibiscus29:

In the morning, we are possibly doing the Liberty 5k in our hometown.  We are definitely going to the Yankee Doodle parade on our city square followed by a free kid's carnival.  That evening we have plans to cookout at our house...the IL's will be coming over and we are also attempting to take Addie to a fireworks show.  They have one in the football stadium at a university here, but we aren't actually going into the stadium in case she gets scared.  A lot of people just go to random parking lots and watch from there.  That's what we will do.

A PARADE!!! Genius. Thank you! I just looked up 4th of July festivities in our town and there's a parade in our downtown suburb the morning of the 4th. So at least now I'll have SOMETHING to do with her to celebrate, just in case she freaks at the fireworks show.

• Options
    I will be celebrating my birthday on the 4th!  We will be having our third party in three weeks straight! (Father's Day, Chloe's 1st and my birthday/July 4)  Fun stuff!  We will be BBQing and swimming...nothing fancy.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    its supposed to rain all week. i wanna take her to the fireworks and see how she handles it

• Options
    Our friend's grandparents hold a huge party yearly on their farm.  We are definitely going for the cookout and will play it by ear for the fireworks.  
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am Canadian, but our national holiday is next week too. I don't want to do the fireworks thing because it is too late. We were thinking of going for a hike in the mountains and then a picnic in a grassy park where DD can crawl around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    parade in the morning, cookout in the afternoon and fireworks at nights.  Naps when we can fit them in.... We may skip the cookout... we'll see.  We're definitely doing fireworks though.  They start at 9 which is very late for our little guy, but he does ok after his bed time.  We may put him down for a late nap in the afternoon.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    There's no way Robert would stay up late enough for fireworks. It's too bad, I bet he would really like them. We are going to a festival in a suburb near us either Wed night or Thurs.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    Were just going to a friends house for bbq and drinks. The kids won't be back until Sunday so at least well save money on fireworks this year. That always cost as much as a small country.

• Options
    We just had our towns big fireworks display and A did fine.  She was a little cranky because she was tired, but she wasn't scared.  We will be going to more fireworks on the 3rd for sure and then DD#1 is running her first race on the 4th.  Not sure what we'll do on the 4th.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"