May 2013 Moms
Options

Another GTKY

I posted a couple of weeks ago and it got a lot of hits, so I thought it might be fun to do another.

1. What milestone, if any, has LO or LO's reached recently?
DD is now obviously interested in the mobiles attached her swing and bassinet. A few days ago she was oblivious to them.

2. How much weight has been gained by LO or LO's since birth?
4w1d old and DD has gained 15 oz since birth, but 1lb 7oz since leaving the hospital since she had lost 8 oz before we came home.

3. For those who feel comfortable with this question.....How much weight has mama lost since birth?
I had gained 31 pounds in pregnancy and have lost 32, thank you breastfeeding! However, I still have a ways to go since I was overweight to begin with.

4. Name one product you bought or received as a gift that is completely useless IYO.
Belly binders for baby.

5. If LO has a baby book, have you been updating frequently or not so much?
I thought I would be fanatical about it, but I've been struggling to find time to even open it up honestly.

6. Excluding your SO, who has been the biggest help to you thus far?
My mom and MIL have both been generous in offers of help, even though they each get on my nerves for one reason or another.

7. Have you an SO had a "date night" yet? If so, what did you do?
We haven't yet, but were contemplating leaving LO with one of her grandmas for a few hours this weekend so we can go see Superman. We are also planning a home date night after my six week appointment, we very much miss intimacy.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Another GTKY

• Options
    imageCNJ4EVA:
    I posted a couple of weeks ago and it got a lot of hits, so I thought it might be fun to do another.

3 w6d, started smiling at me, a little crooked smile, in the mornings and evenings when we are just cuddling. Also rolled from tummy to back twice the other day.

Unscientifically, 14 ounces, based on a weigh in at my bf group yesterday. Weighed 8.13 at birth, 9.11 now.

3. For those who feel comfortable with this question.....How much weight has mama lost since birth?
    27 pounds lost, and I gained 36, so feeling good but really ready for this flabby little belly to go away!

4. Name one product you bought or received as a gift that is completely useless IYO.
    Fancy dresses. I'm excited if I can get her in anything other than a onesie, the church looking dresses are just not gonna happen!

I updated a bunch the first week when I had a lot of help and I don't think I have opened since then. However, for those that don't want to forget all the cute fun things happening... I created a google doc on my iPhone and I update it every day, if there is something cool or important like a weigh in or doctor appt, etc. it is helping me not forget everything!

My mom by far! But my coworker and friend with a 10 month old has also been a great resource.

We took a 45 minute lunch break when my in laws were in town to grab Mexican. It was fun! Since we aren't really doing bottles yet, we can't be gone for very long!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Options

1. What milestone, if any, has LO or LO's reached recently? LO has been smiling socially a lot more.

6 lbs 14 oz at birth, 8 lbs 9 oz at 2 week check in. She was down to 6 lbs 10 oz when we left the hospital, so she gained almost a pound a week after we left.  She's 5 weeks now, and unscientifically I think she is up to 11 lbs

I've lost about 20, still another 15 to go.

I haven't used my video monitor at all yet since she hasn't been out of my sight.

No baby book.

My MIL.  DH had to go back to work as soon as we left the hospital.  She came over my first day alone so I could shower and has been bringing by a meal about once a week.  My mom who is 1500 miles away, but has saved me from boredom talking to me on instant messenger every day.

7. Have you an SO had a "date night" yet? If so, what did you do? No date night.  We may do something in August for our anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Social smiling and holding her head up for longer periods.

Birth weight: 7lbs 9 ozs
    One month: 10 lbs
    Gained 18 in pregnancy lost 23 lbs. Still wanting to lose more

Can't really think of anything at the moment.

I have but when I get time. I write down her milestones and then update the baby book later.

In laws and my parents.

We went to see man of steel and ate dinner one night and then last night went bowling and ate Chinese and had some wine at home for our anniversary nothing to fancy.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    motangmotang member
    My little guy had his first social smile the other day. He's a serious guy so it was nice to see him light up. 

2. How much weight has been gained by LO or LO's since birth? He's gained over 2 pounds since birth.  He's a good eater!

3. For those who feel comfortable with this question.....How much weight has mama lost since birth? I've lost 18lbs since birth. I need to lose 19 more to be at my prepregnancy weight and then I'd like to lose 5-10 more pounds after that. 

4. Name one product you bought or received as a gift that is completely useless IYO. Footed sleepers... I swaddle him and we live in FL so footed sleepers are too hot. 

5. If LO has a baby book, have you been updating frequently or not so much? I write in his baby book on his month "birthday" and fill in all of the necessary pages from that month. 

6. Excluding your SO, who has been the biggest help to you thus far? My mom has been amazing. I would probably be in tears every day if it wasn't for her help. I'm lucky she lives close by. 

7. Have you an SO had a "date night" yet? If so, what did you do? Yes, we went out for our anniversary. It was so nice to get through a meal without crying or someone needing something.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    imageCNJ4EVA:

C went 6 hours between feedings!

He was 9 lbs 6 oz at birth, got down to 8.11 and now he's 12 lbs!!

I gained 29 lbs, last I checked I had lost 25.

Infant bath sling

I don't even have one. Bad ftm.

Definitely my mom! She's awesome.

Nope. We haven't left the baby yet. Maybe in a couple more weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS has realized he has hands. He sits there an concentrates so hard to make them move. It's hilarious. He also smiles socially.

He was 9.2 when born and went down to 8lbs. He was back at birth weight by 2 weeks. He is now 10.5 lbs at 6 weeks!

I gained 40 lbs but immediately lost 30 lbs. I have 10 to go and then I like to lose 30more.

So far the activity mat. He hates it.

I haven't even started.

My mom... We are living with them and my mom has been incredible.

We haven't. We have left LO with my mom but its been to take care of stuff for the new house. Nothing romantic there...

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    Okay, so far I'm the one with the most weight still left to lose to get down to prepregnancy weight,  A little jealous of those of you who have already lost all of your weight.  I'm hoping once I get cleared to exercise it will start coming off more quickly.  My belly isn't all that big, it's my hips/thighs/butt that need serious work.  Also hoping continuing to EBF will transfer some of my thighs to LO's thighs.  She was born with chicken legs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD is not quite 4 weeks old, but is holding her head up really well! She was laying on DH's chest and held her head up to stare at him for a couple minutes. It was so cute.

She was 8lbs11oz at birth, at 10lbs2oz at 2.5 weeks old. Chunker! Can't wait to see how much she weighs at her one month appt on Monday.

I gained about 40 and have lost about 25. And I'm BFing. Boo.

We got a bottle warmer as a gift and it does not work AT ALL.

I've taped in the hospital bracelets and written in some details but that's it.

My mom, hands down. She has helped us SO MUCH, I can't even describe it.

We went out to lunch the other day. That's all so far.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He's more or less sleeping through the night, at least fairly regularly. Of course, my definition of STTN and the technical definition aren't quite the same... but I won't complain :)

He was 7 pounds 8 oz at birth, and is now 11 pounds, 12 oz. He's two months old and chunked up quick :)

I gained 40, lost 20 really quickly and then stalled. I haven't yet made any effort to lose the rest, though. 

Far too many blankets. Not useless... we just have WAY too many.

Doing the best I can, but haven't done much yet.

Hmmm... probably two of my friends... they both live SUPER far away but had LOs in the fall, so I use them as a sounding board, or just to vent, and they assure me that things will get better when they're tough... 

not yet. we are going to visit family next week though for a few days so I think we might take advantage of their offer to watch LO

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"