Babies: 0 - 3 Months

And so my poo questions begin

I'm a STM to DS who is one week old. He has been breastfeeding and taking pumped bottles every 2.5-3hrs. He has finally pushed out all his meconium and his poos are turning peanut butter and yellow like DD's did; however, the amount is not a lot.  Most of his poos are just from farting (as weird as that sounds).  No real poops yet - just streaks after each bottle.  He is urinating regularly and normally. I remember DD having big blow outs right away when she was born, but it's been a couple years and I may have forgotten the early days.  I have his two week appointment this coming week so I'm going to ask, but just wondered if this was normal for being a week old or should his poos be coming on stronger by now?

Re: And so my poo questions begin

• DS is 2 so the memory is fading now but I vaguely remember him having small poos in the beginning as well.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• My LOs did this for weeks before the "real" poops started, probably around 4 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Loading the player...
  • That's exactly how DS2 was. Around 1.5-2 weeks I think is when we started seeing the bigger and more normal poops.
  • I was told by the lactation consultants that as long as the poo is at least the size of a quarter it counts as a dirty diaper. It was at least a few weeks before they got to be big enough to almost blow out.
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsWindyCity:
    That's exactly how DS2 was. Around 1.5-2 weeks I think is when we started seeing the bigger and more normal poops.

this is what the timing has been for my new DD.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"