July 2012 Moms
Options

Missing teeth?

Hey all the thread below reminded me to ask about this...is anyone's baby missing teeth? Hunter got his two bottom front teeth, but coming in right beside the bottom front left tooth is the canine [vampire tooth, whatever, I'm a RN not a dental assistant lol]

My BIL was missing teeth and had to get a partial bc of it. I wonder if it is a genetic thing?

Anyway, his first dentist appt is in a couple weeks so I will see what he says. Just wondering if my kids a freak ;]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What just happened in my diaper?!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Missing teeth?

• Options

imageBethAndBen:
    So far Emma has all her teeth but they are kinda gapped up. So.... Dentist appointment? Does that start now? I hadn't thought about this. Emma will lose her shiit. She won't even let me look at her teeth, you would think they are a national treasure.

Both my dentist and my dentist-to-be friend say gaps are good at this age. It means they are less likely to get between-teeth cavities and it's more likely they will have enough room for all of their adult teeth and not be overcrowded since those are bigger.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was missing both of my upper teeth that should be right next to the big middle ones (also not a dentist if you can't tell). I needed braces to move the vampire teeth over as they were right next to the big middle ones (I looked amazing). Now I have bridges in those spaces (expensive). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am missing my wisdom teeth. Which worked out perfectly if you ask me.

They told me when I was 11 and getting braces that I had no buds in there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    ViveVive member
    Alex had all his baby teeth but one of his adult teeth [bottom one of the middle four] either never came through or is missing.

Funnily enough though noone [me, him, his parents, his friends etc] had noticed until he saw my old dentist at 23. His teeth are pretty well spaced and the other tooth grew in the middle of the gap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"