December 2012 Moms

I'm indecisive... help me choose!

Okay, so I posted a week or so ago about choosing some sort of light-weight/umbrella stroller for airport travel.  Still haven't chosen anything... We're flying on July 26th, so I kind of need to get my act together here.  I've found a few that might be good - looking for comments on these and suggestions on others if you ladies have them!

**Side note: I'm 5'8", DH is 6'1" - so if you are tall and have advice, it would be  greatly appreciated... I keep reading comments on all these strollers about how they're terrible if you're tall!  

1) Baby Jogger City Micro - I know the city mini is recommended by a lot of mamas, does anyone have the city micro?  As far as I can tell online, the only difference is that it doesn't lay flat and the umbrella is a bit smaller.  Neither are deal breakers in my opinion.

2) Uppababy G-lite

3) Ingelsina Swift - someone suggested this the last time I posted... seems to have decent reviews, but also a good number of comments about kicking the back wheels while you're walking...

4) Chicco Capri

5) Baby Cargo 100 Series

6) Joovy Groove

Any others you all love??  I'm having trouble convincing DH that we should get this (especially since moving costs money, and he doesn't want to add it to our list of expenses in the next month).  But we will be traveling for over 8 hours (from the time we arrive at the airport, to the time we land at the last airport), and I'm not sure that my little busy body will want to be in the ergo for all that time... So if you like one of the above and it's over, say, $120, give me some reasons that I can tell DH that it's worth the money haha :)

Thanks ladies!! 

Re: I'm indecisive... help me choose!

• Have you checked in any consignment stores on on Craigslist for any of these items? Maybe even ebay? I am betting somewhere has a slightly used one for much cheaper. That's how I would convince DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I'll be interested to know what you decide on when you do because I have been looking for a smaller back up stroller (especially for travel). I have trouble convincing DH as well because we have a Britax B-ready and he thinks we should use that for everything but I think its too big for everything. 

The one I really liked in the store that is umbrella but seemed nice is the Maclaren quest because it reclines all the way back and was easy to use but its pretty expensive for an umbrella.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerjeller32:
    Have you checked in any consignment stores on on Craigslist for any of these items? Maybe even ebay? I am betting somewhere has a slightly used one for much cheaper. That's how I would convince DH.

I'm actually going to go and scope out Once Upon a Child today... And I'm taking him with me haha
  • Once again. I have the Joovy Kooper. It's the old Joovy Groove. It's great. Like the city mini had sex with an umbrella stroller.

In fact we loved the Kooper so much we just got the Joovy Zoom as well for the trails.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can relate to your indecisiveness. Hopefully the 2nd hand place will have at least one of the strollers you are eyeing at a good price and your DH loves it. (Or they will have some and help you narrow it down)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ediloedilo member

I have the Inglesina swift and love it. I am 5'5" and DH is 6'2" and we both use it comfortably. When he gets back from the store, I'll ask him if he ever has issues with kicking the back. It is definitely not a one hand fold or one hand recline, but isn't hard when you get the hang of it. 

I don't have experience with the joovy you mentioned, but I have a joovy caboose ultralight sit and stand (since we have 2 LOs now) and really like it. The canopy is huge and it drives nicely. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"