April 2013 Moms
Options

Formula question!! :(

Okay so me and my hubby were in EXTREME need of a date night (to the point we were biting each others head off) well my mom watched him for us. Well a week ago the doctor gave us Similac Sensitive formula for the nights when my breast milk feels really low. I'm trying to get more breast milk produced. Well she fed him the formula when we were gone and when we returned a little bit ago we noticed he was broke out in a red rash on his face, arms, and legs and seems a little out of it. He is breathing fine and smiling.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what would you do?? (I'm going to call the dr Monday and were not going to feed it to him again)

Also if you know of any ideas on how to increase my milk supply it would be much appreciated, i'm trying Mother's milk tea right now.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary image image

Re: Formula question!! :(

• Options
    pggaripggari member
    Sorry not sure about the rash but I'm sorry to hear what happened. Oatmeal works good for me and drinking a lot of water. Good luck!!
  • Options

I'd do exactly what you're doing. Are ou sure she mixed it properly?

Also, the absolute best thing for your supply is round the clock nursing until you build it back up again! :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well funny thing, not so funny when it happened I was scared to death, but my son broke out in a rash the first time I fed him similac. The bumps looked like little red poka dots everywhere, all over, they were not raised bumps though. I took him to the ER because I thought he had a reaction... the on call Pedi there checked him out and informed me that the rash wasn't hives or anything dangerous because they blanched (if you press on the rash and the rash disappears for a brief second when the skin turns white) then that means the rash is only in the top layers of the skin.

He still couldn't tell me what caused it.. I told him my son was hot all over but didn't have a fever, he said think of a bee sting, the red skin around the sting is hot...inflamed, and that was the reason the rash was warm to the touch. Turns out I forgot that I washed my blankets in regular Tide... and since my son was born he had always been on his blankets on my bed or in his clothes, which are washed in clear and free detergent. The moment I figured that out I rewashed my blankets and sheets in that and less than 6 hours his rash was gone and didn't come back. I have since still fed him Similac with no issues.

Just my story... maybe your mom's clothes had perfume or washed in strong detergent? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"