January 2013 Moms
Options

ARGH! DH still doesn't get it!

Last Saturday I complained that MH went over to his parents house for 4 hours to do their chores...  He told me that he just wanted to pick something up.  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/74906156.aspx

I've been sick all week with tonsillitis.  FFWD to today.  MIL & FIL have been texting and calling saying they "need" to come over to give me a present.  We plan on seeing them tomorrow if I'm feeling better.  The first time they asked I said, "not today, I'm not feeling well".  They proceeded to text and call DH saying they need to come over, they need to see the baby today.  I told DH not today, but he still entertained the idea of having them come here and tried to find a way.

What if Roo and I went outside and no one came in?

What if Roo and I went to their house to get it?

What if it was just me?

He and I literally just talked about boundaries concerning our parents.  He said he understood, but I feel like he doesn't.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: ARGH! DH still doesn't get it!

• Options
    Andplusalso, part of our conversation included having yes mean yes and no mean no!  When I reminded him I said, "not today" already he just kept saying, "I just want to make everyone happy".
  • Options
    OMG we are married to the same man. I have no advice because I'm suffering through similar situations with his parents. DH has to make everyone happy and his parents are so easily offended, I can't stand it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And now he's just avoiding me.  great. 
  • Options
    If he's anything like mine, if you ignore him for a bit, he'll come apologize.

• Options

image82Sonia:
    OMG we are married to the same man. I have no advice because I'm suffering through similar situations with his parents. DH has to make everyone happy and his parents are so easily offended, I can't stand it.

IKR! I hate it.  It's so tough to remember that the ILs act that way because they're allowed to (by DH).  I spent our entire first year of marriage mad at my MIL because I thought she was trying to split us up and undermine me.  Now I realize it's not her fault... it's DH's for not being on my side.

• Options

image82Sonia:
    If he's anything like mine, if you ignore him for a bit, he'll come apologize.

Oh he does, I always get the, "I'll do better" speech.  The problem is his apologies don't mean anything to me anymore.

• Options

I hear you.  My in-laws are super wimpy and very easily offended so DH has to coddle them. He wants to make everyone happy but he just needs to realize that the only person whose happiness actually matters is me.  Happy wife, happy life! 

I seriously have no advice. I love my husband and we've been married for 6 years, together for 9, and it has been getting better but good lord, it's a slow process.   

• Options
    imagegraciesmurf:
    Andplusalso, part of our conversation included having yes mean yes and no mean no!nbsp; When I reminded him I said, "not today" already he just kept saying, "I just want to make everyone happy".

And that's the problem, you should be first on the happy list. Have you ever thought about counseling? Would you go?

Jacob, 1/14/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"