September 2012 Moms

Help, my kid won't eat !

Usually K has 4 8oz bottles a day. Last night she ate one at 5:30 and refused her bed time bottle. She woke up in the middle of the night crying, so I offered and she drank 3 ozs. Fast forward to this morning and she drank 7 ozs and at her cereal and a mini pancake. Since 8am, she has only drank 4 ozs..she has normally had 16 going on 24 oz by now. Her overnight diaper was not nearly as wet as normal and she is super fussy. Any suggestions ?? I am really getting concerned..this is not like her at all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help, my kid won't eat !

• I hate this excuse - but teeth?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have much advice, but wanted to say I'm going through the same thing.  This has been going on since yesterday.  I was thinking teeth too (she's still all gums).  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesydgrl28:
    I don't have much advice, but wanted to say I'm going through the same thing.  This has been going on since yesterday.  I was thinking teeth too (she's still all gums).  

I am wondering teeth too. She has her bottom too, but she has been sleeping like crap for a couple weeks now. I am sorry to say that I am glad someone can commiserate.

• Hi there, October mom jumping in. Ashley did this just a few days ago. She hardly had anything all day but acted totally fine. The next day she woke up and right back to normal.
  • imageChrisG83:
    Hi there, October mom jumping in. Ashley did this just a few days ago. She hardly had anything all day but acted totally fine. The next day she woke up and right back to normal.

Thanks for stopping in...I hope that's what happens !

• DS was like this last week. It was very concerning because usually he's a good eater. He was also very fussy and clingy, unlike my usual happy go lucky baby. I stuck to my 'gut feeling' and took him to the doctor and low and behold he has an ear infection! He's been on antibiotics for a few days now and is back to eating and acting better. Whatever it is, hopefully it is short lived for you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• My dr. Just told me that at this age they should only drink 20oz a day if they're eating solids too.
  • At our 9mo appt the doc said 1620 oz was acceptable if they are eating solids. If she wanted more than that, that's ok too, but it made me feel better about her decrease in formula intake.

ETA 16 to 20 oz

• Have you tried offering a sippy cup? DD isn't as interested in nursing anymore, but I can get an extra 4 to. 6 oz a day on her via a sippy. My LO just wants solids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are also not having as many wet diapers as usual. He has been staying dry for naps and doesn't go nearly as much overnight either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"