Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

The walls are closing in on me!

So my DS is currently 6 weeks but only 1 week adjusted and because he was born early we haven't taken him out much other than dr's appointments and grandma's house. Now that he's a littler bigger and doing great catching up I'm feeling like I'm ready to change out of my sweats and live again. The problem now is that I live in Phoenix, AZ and its a ridiculous 118 degrees this week! I've been dying to at least go outside for a walk but even at night it's 100 outside. There's execessive heat warnings for the week and no way am I taking DS out as I can hardly handle this heat let alone a little baby. Seeing its summer in Arizona temps will stay like these for at least another couple of months. I'm just going to have to deal with it but its getting boring in here lol.

Re: The walls are closing in on me!

• Options
    NOV04NOV04 member
    Can you cool your car off before you get him in and then drive to the mall? I used to walk my girls around in the stroller at the mall. Good exercise and air conditioned! As long as they have covered parking for when you need to get back in your car to drive home! Good luck!
  • Options
    The mall is a good idea. My first outing other than dr was to buy buy baby. Big cool store with lots of neat stuff to look at. Plus they have a nursing room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNOV04:
    Can you cool your car off before you get him in and then drive to the mall? I used to walk my girls around in the stroller at the mall. Good exercise and air conditioned! As long as they have covered parking for when you need to get back in your car to drive home! Good luck!

Ditto the mall.  Pay for valet parking if you need and they can cool the car off for you.  I try and go once a week and just wonder around.  Have lunch or coffee.  It's a good place because there are tons of good places to sit and nurse as needed and not too many bother me to try and touch baby.  Oddly enough at the baby store everyone wants to see.  

• Options
    As someone who just moved from Scottsdale I know how you feel. Definitely check out like Fashion Square mall. It's never too crowded and its plenty big to push a stroller. Second can you and DH get away and head up to Flagstaff for a weekend? We always did that just to get out of the heat.
  • Options

imageNOV04:

I loved taking DS to the mall in the early days when I would go stir crazy at home and it was hot outside.  Shoot, he's 2 and I still do it sometimes! 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I will plan for a mall outing so I can keep my sanity this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"