Stay at Home Moms

Baby Food Storage

I have started making DD's baby food.  I immediately freeze it in covered ice cube trays, then transfer to ziploc bags.  Does anyone have any storage suggestions other than ziploc bags, I just hate to go through so many.  Also, any good products to transport them in?  I have used small gladware containers but I am always nervous that the lid will pop off.  
11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: Baby Food Storage

• I just used Ziploc bags. When we went out, I tried to do easy things like applesauce or canned organize pumpkins, sweet potatoes, or squash so I didn't have to worry about transporting frozen items. In the end, they don't eat purees for too long so you won't use that many Ziploc bags!
  • imageAllycat11:
    Does anyone have any storage suggestions other than ziploc bags, I just hate to go through so many.

Maybe this should be a FFFC, but I usually wash and re-use ziploc freezer bags. Pretty much the only time I don't is when I've stored raw meat in them.

I have some really good gladware-type containers that are a glass container with a plastic top. I think I got them at the dollar store. The top would never pop off unexpectedly in a million years, it has to be snapped into place on all four sides. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Use pouches...much easier. 
  • You can use anything freezer safe for storage.  I think the bags are easy just because you can easily write on them and they don't take up as much space as a container would, but a glass or plastic storage container will work fine.

As far as on the go I probably used something similar to what you are, but the lid fit really snugly.  Actually, now that I think about it they were plastic storage containers, but I actually found them in like the baby/kid aisle.  I think they came in a pack of 3.  Anyway, the lids are really tight.  I didn't worry at all that they were going to pop off.   

But a glass jar would work well too.  They also sell a lot of baby food products now.  I'm not familiar with them, but I know they sell stuff to hold the food.  Maybe something like that would be good to invest in just for feeding on the go.   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I love the Take & Toss small bowls for traveling with baby food.  You can fit 2-3 cubes in one.  No advice on freezer containers. I used Ziploc bags.

• Thanks for all of the suggestions!
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageMermaids&Magic:
    I kept a few old jars to put food in for on the go.

Sorry, the OP thinks baby food jars are the worst thing a lazy parent could possibly use. They're basically the same thing as feeding your older kids out of a box all day. Didn't you know?

• imageMinipenguin:

imageMermaids&Magic:

Sorry, the OP thinks baby food jars are the worst thing a lazy parent could possibly use. They're basically the same thing as feeding your older kids out of a box all day. Didn't you know?

Yeah, that's totally what I said.  ::eye roll::  

10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• imageAllycat11:
    imageMinipenguin:

imageMermaids&Magic:

Yeah, that's totally what I said.  ::eye roll::  

You were the one talking about "real food".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"