3rd Trimester

Strange Tingling Sensation in Ribs

Mobile: Strange Tingling Sensation in Ribs

At my last U/S, DD was head down with her legs and ankles crossed, with feet stuck in my right rib cage. I'm fairly certain she's stayed in this position, because I feel her hiccups down really low and still feel the feet in my ribs most of the time. 

Lately, I've noticed a strange, tingling sensation in my ribs. I think it could be her feet or legs moving. It only lasts for a minute or two, then the tingling goes away.

Are any other Moms experiencing this? Is it movement or something else? 

Re: Strange Tingling Sensation in Ribs

• Not sure if this is the same thing, but I can actually feel my ribs moving and expanding.  It is more of an aching in my side/back though. 
  • I've felt something similar in both my pregnancies, I think. For me, it doesn't feel like the baby, it's more like skin deep, tingly and sometimes it will get numb. I think it's baby hitting a nerve, at least that's what I was told when it happened with dd. Both times it's gotten worse the bigger they get, with dd it would keep me up at night sometimes :-/
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep.  I had it with dd#1 as well. Baby is putting pressure on some nerves causing them to tingle. Nothing to worry about :0)
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I'm in PT for my ribs too. The pain is debilitating at times. Ice packs help too. At least, I know the baby's fine he just needs more room.
  • imageHaley.Beth:
    I've felt something similar in both my pregnancies, I think. For me, it doesn't feel like the baby, it's more like skin deep, tingly and sometimes it will get numb. I think it's baby hitting a nerve, at least that's what I was told when it happened with dd. Both times it's gotten worse the bigger they get, with dd it would keep me up at night sometimes :-/

This is me, exactly!  And it does keep me up at night sometimes, too.  I find that getting up to go pee helps relieve it slightly (maybe gives her a teeny bit more room?), but only for a short while. 

Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"