Going Back to Work — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Going Back to Work

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Going Back to Work

• Omg that's HORRIBLE!!!

I don't work right now so I don't have any advise. My last mc was 15 years ago and I was in college graduating that semester. All my male professors were very sympathetic but one female wasn't and I broke down in her office. I still to this day think of her with anger.

Just take some time and pull yourself together. Your body is going through so much right now. Hopefully next week will be better. Hugs!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • WTFlaminglips...what a turd!!  Angry That kind of insensitivity is inexcusable!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that, when you were only trying to do your job, and do a good job!!  I'm so, so sorry.  I didn't take off too long from work because I just didn't have the PTO saved up, and I felt ready, plus the distraction was good for me.  This is just my opinion, but if it were me, I wouldn't address it at all, and if he wanted to, I would try to keep it as short as possible because I can't see how trying to make him understand and be sympathetic would work.  He seems to have a hard heart.  Sending you lots, and lots of ((hugs)) right now......
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • INJSrbINJSrb member

I'm so sorry to hear that.  Your boss sounds like a jerk.  What was the meeting about?  I can't imagine anything that would be that important!

I found out about my miscarriage on Monday afternoon.  I took Tuesday and Wednesday off (I did some work from home, but not a full day's worth).  Thursday I worked half the day at home and half in the office.  Today I had my D&E so I am home.  I am so appreciative that my company offered such flexibility.  

I agree with PP.  You may want to let your HR person know.  If nothing else, s/he can coach the manager.  Also, it will be helpful for her/him to be in the loop in the event that there are ever future issues with your boss.  

I will keep you in my thoughts.  Hope everything goes well on Monday.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image +yuMMMy+:
    That is absolutely horrible and totally not necessary. I would make sure to tell HR about what happened, even if its just sending them a simple e-mail over the weekend, because that just isn't right.

YES, this, totally agree.

Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry about your loss, and that your boss is a major douche bag. I was lucky that i had a lot of pto saved up and a kind boss. I took 2 weeks off work i think during that time I built up a fear of seeing my coworkers bc I had of course told them I was pregnant... They were all very supportive when I returned and respected me not wanting to talk about it though I still had a few break downs... Only time will help I guess. Send positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • So sorry he was such a jerk to you. 

I went back too soon. I took 3 days off total, ER on Wednesday, found out on Thursday and I had my procedure on Friday and went back to work on Monday. I couldn't concentrate at all the first week and the second week wasn't much better but I used up a lot of my sick time because of all my appointments and bloodwork. Fortunately everyone at work was patient with me for the most part. 

Your boss sounds like a real piece of work. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• image carlsonbaby2014:

image +yuMMMy+:
    That is absolutely horrible and totally not necessary. I would make sure to tell HR about what happened, even if its just sending them a simple e-mail over the weekend, because that just isn't right.

YES, this, totally agree.

Agree with all of this. What an insensitive jerk to treat you like that. I'm so sorry this happened to you. You don't deserve that.

I had my miscarriage late 6/4 and into the morning 6/5. Although I didn't want to, I did work on 6/5. I run a daycare out of my home and knew that I would leave some people in a pinch if I cancelled last minute. Luckily, DH took that day and the next few days off and helped me out. I wish I wouldn't have done it though because honestly, some of the parents were very insensitive and I shouldn't have done them any favors!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards