TTC After a Loss
Options

Progesterone supp question...

I can't remember whether I'm supposed to take them through CD28 or 14DPO... I hate to call my nurse AGAIN. I feel like I should have Shelly on speed dial by now...

I'm on CD29/12DPO

BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
Lilypie - (nueR)
All ALers welcome!

Re: Progesterone supp question...

• Options
    Thank you for bringing up this question. You literally read my mind. I'm on 15DPO with BFNs so I have every confidence that I am completely out. But my RE told me to take it for 2 weeks startling the second day after my positive OPK. Well I didn't start it until a little later because I usually don't O until 2 days past OPK and obviously don't have confirmation of that by charting until the CHs show up. So I have been waiting for the first temp spike after my positive OPK to start.

I don't know if that means then that I should be on them longer or what.

I should probably call my RE to check but I guess I feel so ridiculous because it is 15DPO now and I can't imagine there would be any reason I need to stay on them if I'm getting BFNs at this point.

Sorry I'm no help but I am sharing in the experience right now! [[[hugs]]]

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options

My cycle was short to begin with 25 days total with O on cd 16-18, but now I'm not getting CD1 until 3 days after stopping Progesterone, so if I go until 14DPO I'm going to end up with a 34-35 day cycle every month, and I don't remember what's right...

BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekateitho:

My cycle was short to begin with 25 days total with O on cd 16-18, but now I'm not getting CD1 until 3 days after stopping Progesterone, so if I go until 14DPO I'm going to end up with a 34-35 day cycle every month, and I don't remember what's right...

If you stop on CD28 it would not take into account what day you O'd. If you had a short LP (which it sounds like you are saying that your LP was only 7 to 9 days) then stopping your progesterone early would defeat the purpose of this. 

Keep in mind that if you stop progesterone supplements and you are pregnant then you could very well cause a miscarriage because your body will take the sudden drop of progesterone as a signal to shed your lining.  This is also why it takes three days for your period to start after you stop your supplements. You body needs to process the signal that progesterone dropped.

Don't stress about the longer cycle. That is exactly what the progesterone is designed to do. 

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Options
    imagebuggirl72:
    imagekateitho:

&nbsp;

If you stop on CD28 it would not take into account what day you O'd. If you had a short LP (which it sounds like you are saying that your LP was only 7 to 9 days) then stopping your progesterone early would defeat the purpose of this.&nbsp;

Keep in mind that if you stop progesterone supplements and you are pregnant then you could very well cause a miscarriage because your body will take the sudden drop of progesterone as a signal to shed your lining.&nbsp; This is also why it takes three days for your period to start after you stop your supplements. You body needs to process the signal that progesterone dropped.

Don't stress about the longer cycle. That is exactly what the progesterone is designed to do.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Thanks for responding on this bug. Your reply convinced me to give it one more day myself and that would be a full 14 days. Even though I feel certain I'm out anyway. Thanks for your insight bug.

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    imageanitaflora:
    imagebuggirl72:
    imagekateitho:

If you stop on CD28 it would not take into account what day you O'd. If you had a short LP (which it sounds like you are saying that your LP was only 7 to 9 days) then stopping your progesterone early would defeat the purpose of this. 

Keep in mind that if you stop progesterone supplements and you are pregnant then you could very well cause a miscarriage because your body will take the sudden drop of progesterone as a signal to shed your lining.  This is also why it takes three days for your period to start after you stop your supplements. You body needs to process the signal that progesterone dropped.

Don't stress about the longer cycle. That is exactly what the progesterone is designed to do. 

Thanks for responding on this bug. Your reply convinced me to give it one more day myself and that would be a full 14 days. Even though I feel certain I'm out anyway. Thanks for your insight bug.

(((hugs))) I saw today's BFN. I'm sorry. 

It's interesting on when you start your progesterone. I looked at my paperwork and it shows to start 4 days after a positive OPK - which is pretty much what you are doing Smile

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"